What is the most heroic thing you have done? Watch

good boy19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is the most heroic thing you have done?
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I saved my rubber ducky from drowning
good boy19
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
I saved my rubber ducky from drowning
You are you the king of heroes
username1799509
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Carried the shopping in
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by good boy19)
You are you the king of heroes
Thank you kind sir
good boy19
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Thank you kind sir
No problem
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Quite a while ago now, but some creepy middle-aged guy was proper nonceing up a school-girl at a bus stop and she looked really scared, and in short I had a massive go at him. When her bus came along he wanted to get on the same bus as he claimed it was his bus home also, but I didn't let him on. He swore at me and walked off, and everyone at the bus stop was praising me and s*** but I was just thinking, why was I the only one to say anything? A couple of them were like "if you didn't say anything then I would have" - yeah, f***ing sure you would have :rofl:
good boy19
Rep:
?
Brav(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)Quite a while ago now, but some creepy middle-aged guy was proper nonceing up a school-girl at a bus stop and she looked really scared, and in short I had a massive go at him. When her bus came along he wanted to get on the same bus as he claimed it was his bus home also, but I didn't let him on. He swore at me and walked off, and everyone at the bus stop was praising me and s*** but I was just thinking, why was I the only one to say anything? A couple of them were like "if you didn't say anything then I would have" - yeah, f***ing sure you would have :rofl:

You are brave
shameful_burrito
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I benched 3 plates for 6 reps, no spotter, and the whole gym was mirin hard.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
I benched 3 plates for 6 reps, no spotter, and the whole gym was mirin hard.
F*** spotters anyway man, best spotter in the gym is the safety bars on the power rack :top:
shameful_burrito
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
F*** spotters anyway man, best spotter in the gym is the safety bars on the power rack :top:
I cba to use those tbh, cause I’d have to take a bench up to the power rack and I’m lazy😂 Today I had a kinda off day, missed re-racking at the end of my 3rd set on the left side when doing volume work with 2 plates...and the bar fell on my left shoulder. Just lol, fail of peace and prosperity
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I cba to use those tbh, cause I’d have to take a bench up to the power rack and I’m lazy😂 Today I had a kinda off day, missed re-racking at the end of my 3rd set on the left side when doing volume work with 2 plates...and the bar fell on my left shoulder. Just lol, fail of peace and prosperity
The rack at my gym is like 3ft away from the closest bench and the bench has wheels on the front which you can tip the bench onto and roll it along, so no worries for me there.
Ouch, unlucky breh Did many people see? A bruised ego is one of the worst types of injury...
shameful_burrito
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The rack at my gym is like 3ft away from the closest bench and the bench has wheels on the front which you can tip the bench onto and roll it along, so no worries for me there.
Ouch, unlucky breh Did many people see? A bruised ego is one of the worst types of injury...
Lucky

Tbh sometimes if I fail a grinder rep, there’s no issues cause there like a lower rack pin on the bench below the main one and I can just put the bar there instead. But today I just lost focus😂 I did the last rep just fine, but when tried to re-rack I really rushed it lol. Nah it was fine, early in the morning, there were like 2 people around. But I didn’t give a fook, wouldn’t care even if the gym was packed. I’m there to push myself to the limits. Just fixed the bar, put the weights back on and did the next set just fine
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lucky

Tbh sometimes if I fail a grinder rep, there’s no issues cause there like a lower rack pin on the bench below the main one and I can just put the bar there instead. But today I just lost focus😂 I did the last rep just fine, but when tried to re-rack I really rushed it lol. Nah it was fine, early in the morning, there were like 2 people around. But I didn’t give a fook, wouldn’t care even if the gym was packed. I’m there to push myself to the limits. Just fixed the bar, put the weights back on and did the next set just fine
Ah, that's fair enough then, when I read it, it sounded like one of those scenarios were the weight crashes loudly and everyone turns around :lol: but yeah, when PR day comes around for my big lifts I always go to failure, often I think I might squeeze another rep out and end up failing on it and have to use the safeties, but that's exactly what they're there for :top:
sphecialMann
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lucky

Ah, that's fair enough then, when I read it, it sounded like one of those scenarios were the weight crashes loudly and everyone turns around :lol: but yeah, when PR day comes around for my big lifts I always go to failure, often I think I might squeeze another rep out and end up failing on it and have to use the safeties, but that's exactly what they're there for :top:
Both of you are the two biggest losers on tsr. Congratulations.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Quite a while ago now, but some creepy middle-aged guy was proper nonceing up a school-girl at a bus stop and she looked really scared, and in short I had a massive go at him. When her bus came along he wanted to get on the same bus as he claimed it was his bus home also, but I didn't let him on. He swore at me and walked off, and everyone at the bus stop was praising me and s*** but I was just thinking, why was I the only one to say anything? A couple of them were like "if you didn't say anything then I would have" - yeah, f***ing sure you would have :rofl:
But that depends. Did the nonce pose any physical threat to you? If not, I don't think there is any more than decency in it. I don't think "abrasive conversation" really counts.
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Picked up my fish that jumped out of its aquarium, was so small I could’ve squashed its insides but thankfully it went well, not the most heroic thing in the world but hey :viking:
shameful_burrito
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah nah😂😂 That would have been hilarious doe. I don’t normally use the pins on the bar, but this time I put them on thankfully. Otherwise that would have happened, definitely wouldn’t be the perfect f***ing scenario goddamit. Yeah that’s the right mentality to have, always push yourslef strive for more:cool: But this was like a light day for me, did shoulders yesterday so was already fatigued. Still got in some decent volume doe, 4 sets of 12 reps...and an extra quarter rep with my left shoulder when half the bar fell on it😂😂 Had to rerack somehow lol
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
But that depends. Did the nonce pose any physical threat to you? If not, I don't think there is any more than decency in it. I don't think "abrasive conversation" really counts.
Nope, he didn't, but he was dead set on getting on the same bus as her and potentially following her off the bus and lord knows what else. I like to think I potentially prevented something bad from happening to a girl who was clearly too scared to stand up for herself.
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Got out of bed in the morning. Had to give myself a round of applause for doing so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.38%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (157)
40.57%
Nope, not that interesting (155)
40.05%

Watched Threads