The Student Room Group

What would happen if I missed a deadline for a draft essay?

I have a draft essay tomorrow, but I’ve only just started it. Stupid from me I know, but considering this is just for going through with personal tutor, what would happen. It’s only reasonably late tomorrow so I’d probably have time to finish it
Original post by Sessimonster
I have a draft essay tomorrow, but I’ve only just started it. Stupid from me I know, but considering this is just for going through with personal tutor, what would happen. It’s only reasonably late tomorrow so I’d probably have time to finish it

You would be wasting your tutors and your own time. Many courses don’t offer help with draft essays. If you can’t be bothered/organised enough to make the most of the help offered to you then it’s your degree that will suffer.
Uh Oh
Original post by Sessimonster

Personally, I never once handed in a draft essay. Think it's a waste of time.
It really depends on what you mean.

By a draft essay, do you mean your tutor has requested you submit a draft and go over it in a seminar together? If so, tutors won't do anything (apart maybe express reasonable disappointment...).

If you have to upload the actual essay, then chances are you may receive a cap. Hallam for example, caps late assignments to a total of 40% meaning you can only receive a pass, even if your work is first material.

:smile: Josh
Original post by hallamstudents
It really depends on what you mea

By a draft essay, do you mean your tutor has requested you submit a draft and go over it in a seminar together? If so, tutors won't do anything (apart maybe express reasonable disappointment...).

If you have to upload the actual essay, then chances are you may receive a cap. Hallam for example, caps late assignments to a total of 40% meaning you can only receive a pass, even if your work is first material.

:smile: Josh

Hi Josh, not even in a seminar. You book a 15 minute appointment and go through it with your PAT. Thanks for clearing it up mate, my real version is due in Feb so I’ll just have to get ready for that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending