The Student Room Group

Is it bad to send your UCAS just before the deadline?

I know universities stay impartial until after January 15th but does it honestly affect you if you send it in on the 12th,13th or 14th? Any advice?
Original post by PunjabiCookie
I know universities stay impartial until after January 15th but does it honestly affect you if you send it in on the 12th,13th or 14th? Any advice?

I don't believe they are allowed to let it affect students. They have to give the same consideration to students applying in January as they do to those applying in September. It only can negatively affect you if you apply after the deadline.

No.
Doesn't matter at all :h:
Original post by DrawTheLine
I don't believe they are allowed to let it affect students. They have to give the same consideration to students applying in January as they do to those applying in September. It only can negatively affect you if you apply after the deadline.

Thanks...
Would you recommend applying in the next week or immediately after the Christmas holidays? Some of us in my school are in a pickle at the moment... Our mathematics teachers are not taking our predicted grades seriously. They want us to be predicted from our PPEs that we did in June and not our most recent ones because they haven't taken the right time to mark our papers which is leaving a lot of students in distress. Is it worth waiting for a while to help the situation. Thanks.
Thanks...
Would you recommend applying in the next week or immediately after the Christmas holidays? Some of us in my school are in a pickle at the moment... Our mathematics teachers are not taking our predicted grades seriously. They want us to be predicted from our PPEs that we did in June and not our most recent ones because they haven't taken the right time to mark our papers which is leaving a lot of students in distress. Is it worth waiting for a while to help the situation. Thanks.

Personally when I applied to uni I got it out the way before Christmas but that's just so I didn't have to focus on it during the holidays. If your predicted grades will be better after they've marked the papers then you should wait.
Reply 6
Leaving it until a few days before isn't an indication that you've put off applying until the last minute. It could be submitted on the 14th for a number of reasons: problems with references, grades being remarked, etc.

It could also be just that you've taken the time to double and triple check everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending