Are these unis good for my shite predicted grades?

Watch
I'll_Be_Bastion
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So my predicted grades are CCD and im gonna apply to these unis... I think I can do better and if I do, I might go though adjustment..

Electronic engineering at

Bangor university

University of essex

University of plymouth

University of portsmouth

Swansea university

If you think any of them are shite, let me know.
liamdarbonator
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
hi my name is liamdarbonator, i am 42 and i have finally passed my GCSE maths and english with a grade 4 i just want to suggest that you should apply for oxford and is where im at. pls meet me there and we can study together )))) lots of love liamdarbonator p.s i have aurts
HobbinsE
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Not too sure about the engineering department but when I went to an open day at Portsmouth for Palaeontology the person doing the subject talk spent the whole time telling us it’s a pointless degree and we’ll never find a job in the field and that we should consider geology and go into the oil industry instead. Put me off them completely didn’t apply to them in the end. Also the tours they did on the open day weren’t very accessible for people with disabilities, had to leave the tour half way through because my mum couldn’t handle all the stairs and no alternative was offered even after we explained her situation.
Last edited by HobbinsE; 2 years ago
jessyaut
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by liamdarbonator)
hi my name is liamdarbonator, i am 42 and i have finally passed my GCSE maths and english with a grade 4 i just want to suggest that you should apply for oxford and is where im at. pls meet me there and we can study together )))) lots of love liamdarbonator p.s i have aurts
same bro, meet me at the reception monday at 9 and we will have gr8 times xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CuriousCat567
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I think Bangor is alright. Really beautiful, not given enough credit for that. My brother actually got CDD at a level, 2:2 in English lit at Bangor and is now teaching English in China so I think he’s doing alright Have you considered visiting the unis?
University of Plymouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by I'll_Be_Bastion)
So my predicted grades are CCD and im gonna apply to these unis... I think I can do better and if I do, I might go though adjustment..

Electronic engineering at

Bangor university

University of essex

University of plymouth

University of portsmouth

Swansea university

If you think any of them are shite, let me know.
Hi there!

Are you referring to this course? https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/u...ic-engineering

If so, you will need 120 UCAS points - if you were to achieve CCD, you would have 88 points. However, it's not all bad news!

If you applied for the Foundation route (which is one extra year that helps get you up to scratch for the 3 year BSc), you would need 32-48 points, which you more than qualify for. You can find more information about this, here: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/u...oundation-year

Does this help a little bit? I honestly really tanked my mocks but did amazing in my actual A-levels. Have faith and please let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be more than happy to help

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (67)
33.5%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
27%
No (52)
26%
I'm not sure (27)
13.5%

Watched Threads