Periods During Exams?

Watch
Jumainah19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've got my mock exams and I've just started my period, and tbh I've never had bad cramps, but it is seriously killing me today.

Tips pleaseeeee if this happens for real GCSEs I will literally cry all the way through my exams.

(before anyone says anything annoying like periods are gross, chill)
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
exercise and doing a number two should reduce the pain.
Zaza2000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
taking some paracetamol should help ease the pain,
Also if the pain is really bad and does continue for every period then you should think about going to the gp to see if they could advise you on how to handle the pain
and for your real gcse's start taking paracetamol one/two days before your period is due so that when your period does come the pain will be less but only do this if every period from this one is the same pain as it is now but as I said it's best to go to the doctor if the pain continues
MyPathwayToMed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
warm / hot drinks

sleeping at night with a hot water bottle

if u take painkillers make sure u take some like half an hour before the exam as well so they are kicking in by the time u start the exam

i get really bad cramps too. the more stressed I am the more painful so just relax. if u feel ur getting too much pain and are really stressed do somethin to take ur mind of it. eat some chocolate. preferably dark lol cuz not only is it a superfood lol it also has quite a bit of iron in it. maybe a mixed packet of nuts and dark chocolates if u like eating them.

when ur revising make sure ur sitting in a comfortable position to ease the pain.

because u never have had cramps this bad and coincidently u have mock exams currently it probably is due to stress so the main thing is to relax and stay calm. i am aware it is easier said than done but make sure u do stay calm and relaxed. Also remember they are currently mocks not the real thing, ofc dont let that stop u from studying but maybe that will help ease with the stress. Also remember that if youve done your best then thats the best you can do, dont stress over past exams or whether you have already done enough revision. focus on the here and now.

lol idek where this went. i blame periods.i can relate lol im on too lool 😂
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jumainah19)
I've got my mock exams and I've just started my period, and tbh I've never had bad cramps, but it is seriously killing me today.

Tips pleaseeeee if this happens for real GCSEs I will literally cry all the way through my exams.

(before anyone says anything annoying like periods are gross, chill)
Take 2 paracetamols
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
GCSEs last 4 weeks generally so it's highly likely you will be on your period at some point during the exam period. Unfortunately this is just what being a girl is like lol. Don't let your period hold you back, I have been skiing, climbed a mountain and been gorge walking while on my period, and I can get pretty bad cramps lol. All you can do is take paracetamol, ibuprofen or some other pain killer (there are ones that are specifically for period cramps but I'm not sure how good they are).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads