The Student Room Group

How do you get domain and hosting for website?

So I'm developing a website for someone and I wish to know how do I get a domain name and host the website?

I cannot pick 1 on 1 web builder because I will have to build a website on there platform however they do have domain and hosting.

What I'm doing is building one through HTML, CSS, JavaScript. Does anyone have any ideas where I get a domain and hosting? Build it then put it on the web.

Thanks
just google shared web hosting

buy a domain on namecheap/namesilo and set name servers to ones provided by host
Go Daddy provide Domain and Web Hosting..Also their are various source who provide this at low price
Original post by Aqua boy
So I'm developing a website for someone and I wish to know how do I get a domain name and host the website?

I cannot pick 1 on 1 web builder because I will have to build a website on there platform however they do have domain and hosting.

What I'm doing is building one through HTML, CSS, JavaScript. Does anyone have any ideas where I get a domain and hosting? Build it then put it on the web.

Thanks

you should download xampp you can develop your website on a localhost this way you can build it without the interference of who you develop for if you are doing the developing yourself also i like this because you can practice without the added problem of not being sure what works for you and hide it from clients until you are happy to let your client loose i mean you are in control of what they see, you can use dreamweaver or even just a coding program like code app i use dreamweaver because i can see the code and the look of the website as seen in browser. localhost/xampp is mainly so you can build a test environment for your php pages. Domain bought from 123.com and hosting from godaddy but there are many to try (if you re doing this for a client you want to be added as an admin to their hosting obviously you will be restricted. this is where you will release your finished for testing pages then you should have a separate host for release to your client or their servers happy coding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending