HMRC Customer Service Consultant 2018/19 Watch

Anisablue
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by sef93)
Hey guys. I had an interview in november and received an email last week saying I’m on the reserve list I cannot believe how long this process takes 😂
At least 6 months unfortunately
Monaa123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey! Does anyone know when the next start date is by any chance in Manchester? I received an email over a week ago saying my pre-employment checks have been completed and I would be contacted soon with a start date, but haven’t heard anything. Just wanted to know if it’ll be any time soon. I currently work in retail and the Christmas temps will be leaving at the end of January. But if I’m going to be starting this new job soon, they might as well take my permanent position. I don’t want to quit my current job for someone else to take it, and then find out I’ll be starting this one in a couple of months. Not sure what to do
GloomyBear258
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone have any tips on writing the personal statement? I’m about to apply and want to make sure I include everything.

It says 250-300 words, is it better to stick to this word count or write more?

Should it be set out like competencies or literally just a ‘why I want the job and these are my transferable skills or experiences’ etc etc ?

I really want this job so I’m just looking for a nudge in the right direction. Thanks
Paaaige
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by GloomyBear258)
Sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone have any tips on writing the personal statement? I’m about to apply and want to make sure I include everything.

It says 250-300 words, is it better to stick to this word count or write more?

Should it be set out like competencies or literally just a ‘why I want the job and these are my transferable skills or experiences’ etc etc ?

I really want this job so I’m just looking for a nudge in the right direction. Thanks
I’d suggest staying within the word count, don’t include anything that could identify you or your application (so don’t include that you worked at Sainsbury’s if it’s on your application already). Read through the competencies and match them to the skills you have acquired.

Dependant on the role, above where they ask for you to input your statement, there should be a question for your statement to answer. I applied for Customer service assistant and my statement question asked about Customer service.

i hope this makes sense and helps you in some way, the statements are for tiebreakers, if your results and tests are the same as someone else, they’ll then make a decision based on both statements..
Jkparekh
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey hi how long did it take to get dbs and other checks done ?? I received my provisional offer on 27th dec when did u got your provisional offer ?
Ppd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi .. I gave my interview on December 1st . recently received an email stating that I am on reserve list. I got 6,6,5. Does anyone knows if it is possible to clear this reserve list and get a job offer?
ohsolively
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ppd)
Hi .. I gave my interview on December 1st . recently received an email stating that I am on reserve list. I got 6,6,5. Does anyone knows if it is possible to clear this reserve list and get a job offer?
I think with Civil Service Recruitment, it's standard procedure to place most on the reserve list as long as they meet the minimum standard. They then allocate job offers according to scores and availabilty. I would say you are highly likely to be offered a position but the recruitment process is unpredictable and can take forever.

I applied for a different role, got placed on reserve and offered a job in less than a month. There's some who scored higher than myself but have yet to get offers - clearly availability and location also plays a big part. Unfortunately it's a waiting game.
ST02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi everyone, I applied for the CSR position and was made a provisional offer on the 15th of January, for Birmingham/Merry Hill office. They contacted me a couple weeks ago, asking me to take a few more identification forms to one of their offices; a week later they asked for 2 personal references, and I was also contacted by the Occupational health service, I received the report which is saying I am fit for work. I also received my DBS certificate, not sure if I should send them a copy- I presume they already have it. My referees haven’t been contacted yet.. how long does it usually taking after all of this in order to receive a formal offer? Also, I read many people were called and they were informed they will be emailed the formal offer soon (without disclosing the location) - for me this is a big part in the decision.. can anyone tell me if this was the case when they contacted you? Thanks!
ohsolively
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ST02)
Hi everyone, I applied for the CSR position and was made a provisional offer on the 15th of January, for Birmingham/Merry Hill office. They contacted me a couple weeks ago, asking me to take a few more identification forms to one of their offices; a week later they asked for 2 personal references, and I was also contacted by the Occupational health service, I received the report which is saying I am fit for work. I also received my DBS certificate, not sure if I should send them a copy- I presume they already have it. My referees haven’t been contacted yet.. how long does it usually taking after all of this in order to receive a formal offer? Also, I read many people were called and they were informed they will be emailed the formal offer soon (without disclosing the location) - for me this is a big part in the decision.. can anyone tell me if this was the case when they contacted you? Thanks!
You will need to get the email/update stating that your pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed as this is the stage required before getting the formal offer. In this email it does state you will be contacted "shortly". Unfortunately that differs for everyone - even if everything has cleared some could wait months before getting the formal offer where as for some it can take a few days. In my case I had a long wait between my provisional offer and my dbs clearing but following this my referees, OH, pre-employment check confirmation and formal offer were completed about a week.

From most of the experiences shared here, I've never heard anyone being called directly prior to formal offer unless they themselves initiated it for an update. The only time I know they may call is to agree start date or make an alternative offer.
ST02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks for your reply. In the meantime I have been offered a start date, for the 25th of March. I have to decline it as my notice period is 4 weeks. They are stating in the email they are hoping to release new start dates soon, I really hope soon doesn’t mean another couple of months for them..
(Original post by ohsolively)
You will need to get the email/update stating that your pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed as this is the stage required before getting the formal offer. In this email it does state you will be contacted "shortly". Unfortunately that differs for everyone - even if everything has cleared some could wait months before getting the formal offer where as for some it can take a few days. In my case I had a long wait between my provisional offer and my dbs clearing but following this my referees, OH, pre-employment check confirmation and formal offer were completed about a week.

From most of the experiences shared here, I've never heard anyone being called directly prior to formal offer unless they themselves initiated it for an update. The only time I know they may call is to agree start date or make an alternative offer.
ohsolively
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ST02)
Thanks for your reply. In the meantime I have been offered a start date, for the 25th of March. I have to decline it as my notice period is 4 weeks. They are stating in the email they are hoping to release new start dates soon, I really hope soon doesn’t mean another couple of months for them..
You can just delay/defer the start date if you respond to them; there's usually no issue with that unless it's like over 2 months or something.
Ppd
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What flexibility do we get when we work in hmrc as AO?
Emmmmmm2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! I applied in November, interview in December, provisional offer in February, my pre-employment checks have just been completed so I’m waiting on a formal offer and a start date for Glasgow. How are you getting on?
Emmmmmm2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by princeofdubai)
Had my interview end of november, anyone heard anything for the Glasgow position?
Hi! I applied in November, interviewed in December, provisional offer in February and my pre-employment checks have just been completed. So I’m waiting for the formal offer/start date for Glasgow. How are you getting on?
Emmmmmm2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! I applied in November, interview in December, provisional offer in February, my pre-employment checks have just been completed so I’m waiting on a formal offer and a start date for Glasgow. How are you getting on?
Emmmmmm2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
GloomyBear258
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I got my provisional offer end of march so just waiting on the pre employment checks being done and then hopefully get a formal offer. Does anyone know when they contact your references. I’m unsure wether to mention anything to my current employer or just wait. What did everyone else do at this stage?
Emmmmmm2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
ST02
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, I received a start date a week ago for Merry Hill office and ever since nothing. It is 2 and a half weeks away, but i have no clue what is the address, what time do i have to be there, who to report to.. do they usually send you these details closer to the start date? Also, on my civil service profile, it’s saying pre employment checks passed, but no formal offer yet.
Hmw90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
HI I noticed that you said about a start date of 25th march ! I did too and I'm in the same boat as it wasn't enough notice ! Have you heard anything else yet ? Have you applied for Preston ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.77%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.05%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7.05%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (26)
10.79%
Monster Munch (18)
7.47%
Pringles (64)
26.56%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (15)
6.22%
Walkers Beef and Onion (3)
1.24%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (43)
17.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise