Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for chemistry which requires at least A*A*A predicted.
    I'm predicted A*A*A (in the right subjects) but would I be at a significant disadvantage against someone who is predicted A*A*A*?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Txhmid)
    I applied for chemistry which requires at least A*A*A predicted.
    I'm predicted A*A*A (in the right subjects) but would I be at a significant disadvantage against someone who is predicted A*A*A*?

Thanks
    yes because oxford

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    I'm asking because I thought it didn't really matter what you're predicted as long as you meet the requirements (in this case A*A*A which is really high anyway), but now I want to know if the candidates would be treated the same and it ultimately comes down to their performance in the interview.

For example, if someone performed well in the interviews (predicted A*A*A) and someone else performed decently (predicted A*A*A*) who would be more likely to get an offer?
    (assuming all other parts of their UCAS form are good)

ReputationRep:
    I'm asking because I thought it didn't really matter what you're predicted as long as you meet the requirements (in this case A*A*A which is really high anyway), but now I want to know if the candidates would be treated the same and it ultimately comes down to their performance in the interview.

For example, if someone performed well in the interviews (predicted A*A*A) and someone else performed decently (predicted A*A*A*) who would be more likely to get an offer?
    Ok thought you were making a joke haha

Well, i think it would come down to other factors if your predicted grades are the same, that's all they've got afterwards to judge the difference between candidates. Interviews, personal statement and extra curricular things you've mentioned, any portfolios you bring in if that applies to your course.

ReputationRep:

This FoI request response is pretty detailed. Take a look at the form titled "UCAS Form Grading" in particular. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...coming-1068020

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.