what to wear for first date?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm going on a date with a guy for the first time next week and I have no idea what to wear. We're going to a cocktail bar but it's more of a restaurant. I don't really like dressing up and I don't wanna over do it. I was thinking jeans and a bodysuit underneath maybe? idk what shoes to wear either I literally live in converse
ihatespongebob
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm going on a date with a guy for the first time next week and I have no idea what to wear. We're going to a cocktail bar but it's more of a restaurant. I don't really like dressing up and I don't wanna over do it. I was thinking jeans and a bodysuit underneath maybe? idk what shoes to wear either I literally live in converse
Honestly, on a first date, I would avoid wearing jeans as it might seem too casual, especially if you are going to a restaurant. That's more of an outfit for a bowling night. Dresses or skirts are the best option for restaurants. Also, don't wear converses. At least wear flats or boots if you don't want to wear heels.
super_hannah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wear something that you feel comfortable in and also shows a bit of class. For example, on dates usually I wear some skinny jeans with a white lace patterned top and some black boots with a wedged heel.
Faith.A
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Throw on some heeled ankle boots to take it up a level. Also wearing jewellery like hooped earrings or a chunky statement necklace can make a regular outfit appear more "stylish".
LaLaLandSmile
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A body suit with jeans sounds good, maybe with a boot, some jewelry and a jacket?

Have fun.
username4380524
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you should wear whatever u are comfortable in, the jeans sound fine and if u have a pair of Black Boots wear em also x
lilithegcsedon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LaLaLandSmile)
A body suit with jeans sounds good, maybe with a boot, some jewelry and a jacket?

Have fun.
yeah girl
(Original post by ihatespongebob)
Honestly, on a first date, I would avoid wearing jeans as it might seem too casual, especially if you are going to a restaurant. That's more of an outfit for a bowling night. Dresses or skirts are the best option for restaurants. Also, don't wear converses. At least wear flats or boots if you don't want to wear heels.
nah wear jeans! wear like black or dark grey ones cus they seem more formal. Bodysuit it cute! nice clutch and maybe like some cute shoes. got any cute shoes that arent trainers? or heeled boots if ur feeling fruity and like a cute jacket. HAVE FUN!!!!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thank you all for the suggestions, think I'm gonna look around for some cute heeled boots to go with the outfit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (195)
14.39%
I'm not sure (61)
4.5%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.73%
I'm not a current university student (669)
49.37%

Watched Threads