The Student Room Group

Lack of motivation and depression

Hello,
I am a secondary school student (Year 10) and I'm struggling. In all of my other academic years, I have always been so willing to work and doing extra homework to help my grades and even doing extra curricular activities. However, now I'm not sure what's wrong with me; I have no motivation to work and I keep slacking off. I'm constantly feeling self conscious about myself and one of my really close friends seems to be drifting apart from me and is completely blanking my existence. I no longer laugh and it seems like a huge task even laughing along to some jokes to seem normal. I have constant aches in my heart and whenever I look around the classroom I am always envious about how they are laughing (I know this is wrong because I don't know what is going on in their lives but I cannot help it-I've been miserable for so long). I have gone to the doctors and I do have many medical deficiencies. I have just started my treatment and I was hoping you could give me so advice to help me mentally.
Everything is just falling apart for me.
I have been in a very similar situation. My only hope of blocking out the outside was immersing myself in music, tv shows, games or even studying. Be wary, because that can become destructive very easily.

Do you know what you want to study during college? Is it something that you really like, or smth meh? Or if you haven't decided yet, what subjects do you like most/would use in your daily life? Anyways, you should find something to work on, anything at all, whether it is a hobby or towards your future. Immerse yourself in that and get better at it. Before you know it, you won't care about the outside troubles because you'll be too busy making your own life better.
Heya I hope you are doing ok and sending you some support vibes , sometimes things can be overwhelming but there are people around to support you . Reach out to your friends / family and teachers and any other support you can get it’s avaible in lots of places

Here’s a link from mind for mental health support you can find lots of info there best wishes !

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/
I’m glad you are seeing a doc as well hopefully they can support you additionally just be honest with them and keep them up to date
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
I am a secondary school student (Year 10) and I'm struggling. In all of my other academic years, I have always been so willing to work and doing extra homework to help my grades and even doing extra curricular activities. However, now I'm not sure what's wrong with me; I have no motivation to work and I keep slacking off. I'm constantly feeling self conscious about myself and one of my really close friends seems to be drifting apart from me and is completely blanking my existence. I no longer laugh and it seems like a huge task even laughing along to some jokes to seem normal. I have constant aches in my heart and whenever I look around the classroom I am always envious about how they are laughing (I know this is wrong because I don't know what is going on in their lives but I cannot help it-I've been miserable for so long). I have gone to the doctors and I do have many medical deficiencies. I have just started my treatment and I was hoping you could give me so advice to help me mentally.
Everything is just falling apart for me.

you are feeling under the weather you soft ****ing bonehead
all annoying *******s blame any problems on 'im depressed'
either you're searching for attention or are just retarded
Really sorry for the horrible message above no need for the person to have said that at all

Pay no attention ,

Here’s a better link site for you the other one wasn’t very direct

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/crisis-services/useful-contacts/#.XCiDo6SnzYU

Don’t be alarmed or worried by words like crisis here you don’t need to be j crisis to call ( though it’s ok if you are) you can talk about anything
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest