The Student Room Group

College

I currently study at college and I am doing a BTEC in computing. When you are going to be absent you usually have to phone your chosen subject department in college. You have to phone them yourself. So you don’t need need your parents to phone them for approval of absence. So today I called in sick before college lessons started to say why I am absent and they said it was fine. But in the afternoon my tutor phoned my dad on his work phone to tell home that I was “missing” in the afternoon. That doesn’t make any sense. First of all why would I be “missing” if I was ill? Second of all why would they phone my parents for? In college and sixth form it’s usually the students responsible for their attendance not the parents. My attendance was a 100 percent before I called in sick today. In my college they don’t contact your parents about anything after you turn 18 but I just turned 19 why would they call my parents. My attendance and punctuality was a 100 percent, I got a distinction in all my assignments and my behaviour is good so they don’t have a reason to be concerned.
Original post by Cake360
I currently study at college and I am doing a BTEC in computing. When you are going to be absent you usually have to phone your chosen subject department in college. You have to phone them yourself. So you don’t need need your parents to phone them for approval of absence. So today I called in sick before college lessons started to say why I am absent and they said it was fine. But in the afternoon my tutor phoned my dad on his work phone to tell home that I was “missing” in the afternoon. That doesn’t make any sense. First of all why would I be “missing” if I was ill? Second of all why would they phone my parents for? In college and sixth form it’s usually the students responsible for their attendance not the parents. My attendance was a 100 percent before I called in sick today. In my college they don’t contact your parents about anything after you turn 18 but I just turned 19 why would they call my parents. My attendance and punctuality was a 100 percent, I got a distinction in all my assignments and my behaviour is good so they don’t have a reason to be concerned.

Bit odd, perhaps there was a breakdown in communication somewhere, maybe your tutor was concerned as it is not like you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending