I kissed another guy while drunk Watch

username4396258
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I kissed another guy while very drunk I know people say being drunk isnt an excuse but you do behave differently while very drunk and do stupid things you wouldn’t do while sober, anyway I told my boyfriend the morning after and he was hurt but he forgave me I just can’t seem to forgive myself. We have been together just over 3 years and I love him so much and never wanted to hurt him, I feel awful and like the worst girlfriend ever he knows how sorry I am and that it was a stupid drunken mistake and will never happen again but I just feel so guilty about it, I feel like I don’t deserve him anymore and can’t stop thinking about it, all I want to do is turn back time and not do it. I keep comparing myself to other people and thinking that he deserves a better girlfriend and that our relationship isn’t pure like it was before or that our friends will think I don’t love him because of what I did. He said that he got past it because he knew it was a mistake and that it’s hurting him more that I can’t forgive myself but I just can’t stop feeling guilty and like a terrible person. Please no hate as I feel awful enough about it
Shadman9130
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1.) What your friends think about your relationship is meaningless.
2.) Other people do not matter at all. If he loves you, he will stay with you and he has.
3.) It was a mistake. He has forgiven you, so it's all good and he knows it was a mistake. So just be the best gf you can be to him as a way of apologising.
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What’s the point of this thread? To ask for reassurance or comfort? How to get over the guilt?

You did a sh*tty thing and u are lucky ur bf’s forgiven you. Hopefully the guilt will remind u not to be stupid next time.
Aleks<3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly at least you told your boyfriend, most people would keep it a secret.

Just don't make the same mistake again
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shadman9130)
1.) What your friends think about your relationship is meaningless.
2.) Other people do not matter at all. If he loves you, he will stay with you and he has.
3.) It was a mistake. He has forgiven you, so it's all good and he knows it was a mistake. So just be the best gf you can be to him as a way of apologising.

Wishful thinking IMO, not realistic.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Another day, another reason not to get drunk
I'mComingOxford
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i get you want to be all dramatic and create tention with the title. but really? i was expecting smthing wild but the missing word is 'drunk'..

might as well put it in the title.
Analyst89
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You've told your boyfriend, it's all right. However don't make this mistake again.
I'mComingOxford
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
when you're single you vow you'll never cheat.

when you're in one; you take your partner for granted. smh
Judge Booty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by username4396258)
I kissed another guy while very drunk I know people say being drunk isnt an excuse but you do behave differently while very drunk and do stupid things you wouldn’t do while sober, anyway I told my boyfriend the morning after and he was hurt but he forgave me I just can’t seem to forgive myself. We have been together just over 3 years and I love him so much and never wanted to hurt him, I feel awful and like the worst girlfriend ever he knows how sorry I am and that it was a stupid drunken mistake and will never happen again but I just feel so guilty about it, I feel like I don’t deserve him anymore and can’t stop thinking about it, all I want to do is turn back time and not do it. I keep comparing myself to other people and thinking that he deserves a better girlfriend and that our relationship isn’t pure like it was before or that our friends will think I don’t love him because of what I did. He said that he got past it because he knew it was a mistake and that it’s hurting him more that I can’t forgive myself but I just can’t stop feeling guilty and like a terrible person. Please no hate as I feel awful enough about it
It's OK cos you were drunk so that's a good excuse, however if you had been sober then that is a different story and it would be much harder for your bf to forgive.
Donut you worry, He will get over it
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What's the problem?
The fact that you were drunk or that you've discovered you get overly affectionate with random males when drunk.
If you don't like getting over friendly with strangers, avoid getting drunk and consider restricting your social drinking outside of your home.

My friend is a habitual kisser and nobody is off limits- dogs, babies, friends of either gender, random strangers.
She always kisses on sight and in greeting, even when a handshake or hug might be more welcome.
No alcohol involved.
When she's been drinking heavily she gets sexually aggressive in her pursuit of guys, tries it on with gay guys too.
It's agonizing to watch, she's very persistent and half the time she doesn't remember the next day.
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Judge Booty)
It's OK cos you were drunk so that's a good excuse, however if you had been sober then that is a different story and it would be much harder for your bf to forgive.
Donut you worry, He will get over it
No, it really isn’t ‘ok’ and there’s no ‘good excuse’ for cheating ffs.

Stop misleading ppl into thinking cheating under any circumstances is remotely acceptable. Being intoxicated does not minimise her actions
ihatespongebob
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People always claim that it was alcohol that made them cheat but this isn't true. Alcohol just lowers inhibitions and makes you act on desires you already had but wouldn't act upon when sober. If you cheated whilst drunk, that indicates there's a problem with your own self-worth or with the relationship.
Ryandrummond
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've never understood how being drunk is an excuse for this type of thing. I'm sure there are lots of things you would still manage to say no to while drunk, so why was stopping yourself in this situation not an option?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I have been in the same situation. It isn't easy to tell someone about it so you did the right thing. You are SO lucky that your boyfriend took you back becuase mine didn't. Just don't make the same mistake again. He probably won't give you a third chance.
Asazycat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by username4396258)
Once can be forgiven, but TWICE!

I really wish your boyfriend would leave you. The only person you care about is yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (905)
79.95%
Leave (227)
20.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed