*update* 16+ oyster fraud fine £1000

Watch
1xrd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
- Most of the people that I know that got caught using a fake 16+ Oyster card by a ticket inspector had been fined £1000 on the spot. If you don’t pay the fine within 28 days, you could go to jail for 6 months + Criminal record for (Fraudulent activity).

- For those who had not been caught by an ticket inspector, but realised that their card had stopped working, will receive a letter from TFL, explaining why they had blocked it and they will also get a fine of £1000.

- HOW DO I KNOW THIS?....My friend works for TFL (Team leader) has informed me about this....

Any questions let me know?....I’ll keep everyone updated.

Thank you.
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 1xrd)
- Most of the people that I know that got caught using a fake 16+ Oyster card by a ticket inspector had been fined £1000 on the spot. If you don’t pay the fine within 28 days, you could go to jail for 6 months + Criminal record for (Fraudulent activity).

- For those who had not been caught by an ticket inspector, but realised that their card had stopped working, will receive a letter from TFL, explaining why they had blocked it and they will also get a fine of £1000.

- HOW DO I KNOW THIS?....My friend works for TFL (Team leader) has informed me about this....

Thank you.
Well it goes to show you shouldn't do it.
Annonxo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thank you for the very helpful info, my sister had made the mistake of trusting a "mate" to get her an oyster card which she wasn't fully aware it was done with a fake birth certificate.

so when her oyster card stopped working she contacted tfl to find out what happened, they advised her to get in contact via email as they couldn't access her account. two weeks later she received a letter from tfl stating they've found an 'irregularity in her application' which is currently being investigated and she had to provide her proof of ID and address ...to quote it says ' the irregularity is being investigated and I must advise you that legal proceedings may be taken against you in accordance with the TFL Prosecution policy if it has been identified you have applied for a concession which you are not eligible ....." they would also like a signed statement either denying the offence or accepting the offense with exectipanl circumstances to why tfl should not prosecute.

My point is that there was no ticket inspector who caught her ...does the same rules apply with regards to the fine? Any advise will be very greatly appreciated. There's more info on my thread. Thanks
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you know anyone else who's frauding these cards since i need to buy christmas presents but im low on money
Annonxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 1xrd)

Thank you.
thank you for the very helpful info, my sister had made the mistake of trusting a "mate" to get her an oyster card which she wasn't fully aware it was done with a fake birth certificate.

so when her oyster card stopped working she contacted tfl to find out what happened, they advised her to get in contact via email as they couldn't access her account. two weeks later she received a letter from tfl stating they've found an 'irregularity in her application' which is currently being investigated and she had to provide her proof of ID and address ...to quote it says ' the irregularity is being investigated and I must advise you that legal proceedings may be taken against you in accordance with the TFL Prosecution policy if it has been identified you have applied for a concession which you are not eligible ....." they would also like a signed statement either denying the offence or accepting the offense with exectipanl circumstances to why tfl should not prosecute.

My point is that there was no ticket inspector who caught her ...does the same rules apply with regards to the fine? Any advise will be very greatly appreciated. There's more info on my thread. Thanks
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it sounds harsh, but cheating is very unfair on the honest people who actually pay for their journeys in the correct way.

Annonxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
honestly I agree with you and this has been a wake up call for her. I just hope it doesn't lead to something which could potentially ruin her future
Ambitious1999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Annonxo)
honestly I agree with you and this has been a wake up call for her. I just hope it doesn't lead to something which could potentially ruin her future
If you want more specific advice regarding this, my advice is to join the following forum and ask for some expert advice from professionals who deal with these issues every day.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/forums/...secutions.152/
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zasty)
Do you know anyone else who's frauding these cards since i need to buy christmas presents but im low on money
Er… aren't the cards themselves actually free... or a fiver tops?
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Er… aren't the cards themselves actually free... or a fiver tops?
you dont get it
Annonxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
If you want more specific advice regarding this, my advice is to join the following forum and ask for some expert advice from professionals who deal with these issues every day.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/forums/...secutions.152/

I will do thank you for your help!
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zasty)
you dont get it
I do not.. bit of friction with the law is character building anyway.
thehaskone
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Annonxo)

My bro got dat today in the post aswell!
Feb_in
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got it too and idk what to do
Weirdlyl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Out of curiosity if your card was stopped but you weren’t caught with it but you get a letter and you pay the fine, do you still have the possibility of getting a criminal record? Do you still get black listed on TFL? And how long does it take for a letter to come after your card gets stopped?
Thanks
(Original post by 1xrd)
- Most of the people that I know that got caught usingq a fake 16 Oyster card by a ticket inspector had been fined £1000 on the spot. If you don’t pay the fine within 28 days, you could go to jail for 6 months Criminal record for (Fraudulent activity).- For those who had not been caught by an ticket inspector, but realised that their card had stopped working, will receive a letter from TFL, explaining why they had blocked it and they will also get a fine of £1000.- HOW DO I KNOW THIS?....My friend works for TFL (Team leader) has informed me about this....Any questions let me know?....I’ll keep everyone updated.Thank you.
Last edited by Weirdlyl; 1 year ago
Bhavneet12356
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hican you tell me what consequences your sister faced as I’m going through the sane thing
daniel997
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello buddy .I just got caught today with zip oyster I used for 4 months . There is any option it could be cancelled If I pay or something ? And also How it Can be done without court ? Could you ask your friend ? Plz and I Can maybe Get touch with him ? I don’t Mind to pay . Is just a court order .
Mimi2405
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 1xrd)

Thank you.
But what if I don’t live in that address what happens
Mimi2405
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mine has stopped working however, I don’t live in that address. What should I do ?
Liveita
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiiii sameee am sick already🤦🏾*♀️🤧I dnt live in that address too Am soo stupid I already have a court summon for one oyster already then I got another one which stopped working this morning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (95)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.17%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.88%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise