Spoiler:
Show

there goes the little b*stard again :rofl2:

if I click do I win sommat

Gothic Kitten Father Christmas :holmes:
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
I was wondering about that before. I clicked it last night, hoping to be able to get rid of it (so far, it hasn't reappeared yet). and it came up with some congratulatory horseshit about catching Santa and winning a £10 Amazon voucher.

This is just another way that TSR are spamming us with utter crap, in the hopes of making us engage with them. There should be a way of opting out. Likewise, there should be ways of opting out of the "HaVe YoU aPpLiEd To UnIvErSiTy YeT?!/1?!?1?1?!?!11" *******s that comes round every year.

Can't we just have an "I am an adult" checkbox in our settings that makes all that stuff bypass us?
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Moved to Help and announcements

Puddles the Monkey
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My screen isn't bloody
What did u do?:erm:
GetTheLondonLook
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He’s checking if you’re being a naughty or nice kid 😂😂
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tootles)
I was wondering about that before. I clicked it last night, hoping to be able to get rid of it (so far, it hasn't reappeared yet). and it came up with some congratulatory horseshit about catching Santa and winning a £10 Amazon voucher.

This is just another way that TSR are spamming us with utter crap, in the hopes of making us engage with them. There should be a way of opting out. Likewise, there should be ways of opting out of the "HaVe YoU aPpLiEd To UnIvErSiTy YeT?!/1?!?1?1?!?!11" *******s that comes round every year.

Can't we just have an "I am an adult" checkbox in our settings that makes all that stuff bypass us?
not letting me like you so this post is a token of my appreciation

inb4 "y r u on the student room if ur an adult"
Xodrama.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

It's a student room. What did you expect?:indiff: Asking about University comes with the territory.
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
coz its hoe season hahaha or should i say ho ho ho
Afforestation
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GetTheLondonLook)
He’s checking if you’re being a naughty or nice kid 😂😂
Better hope he doesnt run into the browser history...
GetTheLondonLook
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Afforestation)
Better hope he doesnt run into the browser history...
Incognito is your best friend

well it is for me :innocent:
Hkaaaan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Said I won a £10 amazon voucher than an error message pops up saying something’s gone haywire!! Not fair , any way I can still get my £10 amazon voucher?
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hkaaaan)
Said I won a £10 amazon voucher than an error message pops up saying something’s gone haywire!! Not fair , any way I can still get my £10 amazon voucher?
No, you just had the chance of winning £10 by entering a prize draw.

If you didn't enter correctly this time I am 100% certain Father Christmas will be back running along your screen again before long.

:santa2:
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My adblock killed the running_santa.gif although I admit it took a couple of attempts of right-clicking on the little prick before it went off.
Father Christmas
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

(Original post by Hkaaaan)
Hmmmm... have you seen me running across your screen again yet? Hopefully I'm working now!

(Original post by Notoriety)
My adblock killed the running_santa.gif although I admit it took a couple of attempts of right-clicking on the little prick before it went off.

(Although people who call Santa names might find themselves on the naughty list... )
Tootles
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Father Christmas)
*snip*
Reported - this is the help and announcements forum, not the chat forum, and this response is not constructive or helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (927)
80.12%
Leave (230)
19.88%

Watched Threads