Zenny007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys I had a query about UCAS applications I wondered someone on the student room might be able to answer my question. I was talking to my college principal about UCAS applications and I told him that I want to apply to the University of Nottingham as it is close to home and my mother is disabled so it is crucial for me to be close to home as I am her carer. My principal told me that I can apply to university after the 15th January he told me that I can apply by the 24th March, but I have never heard about a deadline in March can anyone please clarify if UCAS applications can be sent after 24th March or is it that you can register on UCAS first and then enter your predicted grades afterwards. I would really appreciate it if anyone can please help me on this matter. Thank You.
Last edited by Zenny007; 2 years ago
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The March deadline is for certain art or design courses only. Unless you've been specifically told on the admissions page for your course or via an email by the uni that the deadline is in March, assume that the deadline is the 15th of January.
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is what it says on the 'How to apply' section:

Also judging by your post it seems like you're not that familiar with how the UCAS application works. You don't enter your predicted grades yourself - your predicted grades are part of the reference.

Whilst you can technically apply after the 15th of January, your application will probably only be considered if there are lots of free spaces for the course. Given that you're applying to Nottingham, this probably won't be the case.
Last edited by Sinnoh; 2 years ago
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zenny007)
Hi guys I had a query about UCAS applications I wondered someone on the student room might be able to answer my question. I was talking to my college principal about UCAS applications and I told him that I want to apply to the University of Nottingham as it is close to home and my mother is disabled so it is crucial for me to be close to home as I am her carer. My principal told me that I can apply to university after the 15th January he told me that I can apply by the 24th March, but I have never heard about a deadline in March can anyone please clarify if UCAS applications can be sent after 24th March or is it that you can register on UCAS first and then enter your predicted grades afterwards. I would really appreciate it if anyone can please help me on this matter. Thank You.
Just be aware you *can* apply after the deadline and may still get an offer *if* the course is still open.

But it's best to hit the deadline to be sure.

More info on the various deadlines here: https://www.ucas.com/advisers/managi...tion-deadlines
Zenny007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
The March deadline is for certain art or design courses only. Unless you've been specifically told on the admissions page for your course or via an email by the uni that the deadline is in March, assume that the deadline is the 15th of January.
(Original post by Sinnoh)
This is what it says on the 'How to apply' section:

Also judging by your post it seems like you're not that familiar with how the UCAS application works. You don't enter your predicted grades yourself - your predicted grades are part of the reference.

Whilst you can technically apply after the 15th of January, your application will probably only be considered if there are lots of free spaces for the course. Given that you're applying to Nottingham, this probably won't be the case.
Thank you for your response that's exactly what I was thinking but then I was having second thoughts as my prinicpal at college was telling me that you can register for UCAS and then submit the application and add in the predicted grades at a later date before the deadline of 24th March 2019.
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you for your response that's exactly what I was thinking but then I was having second thoughts as my prinicpal at college was telling me that you can register for UCAS and then submit the application and add in the predicted grades at a later date before the deadline of 24th March 2019.
Ok, so if that's true then whilst you would still need to send the application off by the 15th of January to ensure equal consideration, they may just look at the rest of your application and hold their decision until they receive your predicted grades, so you would end up getting an offer later than everybody else. Or they may not.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Which course is this for? AFAIK the 24th March is only relevant for a very few courses.
Last edited by Doones; 2 years ago
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Which course is this for? AFAIK the 24th March is only relevant for a very few courses.
Even for Art & Design courses it has been completely scrapped for this year (UCAS haven't updated their website but it isn't available for universities to select as a deadline any more).
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Even for Art & Design courses it has been completely scrapped for this year (UCAS haven't updated their website but it isn't available for universities to select as a deadline any more).
I had a feeling that was the case, and there's no 24th March date in the UCAS "list of important dates" but thanks for confirming :yy:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (58)
29.15%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.54%
No I am happy with my choice (110)
55.28%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
8.04%

Watched Threads