The Student Room Group

Funding for an access course

I am currently re taking my gcse maths and english preparing to start an access course next september. Ive heard alot of stories lately about funding for these courses and not being able to claim universal credit.
Can anybody advise me on what the funding is for these courses and if i will still be able to claim universal credit.
Our situation could change between now and next year but how our circumstances are atm we can afford to lose our universal credits.
Im also receiving carers allowance and dla for my son will these be affected also?
Original post by Kerrie86
I am currently re taking my gcse maths and english preparing to start an access course next september. Ive heard alot of stories lately about funding for these courses and not being able to claim universal credit.
Can anybody advise me on what the funding is for these courses and if i will still be able to claim universal credit.
Our situation could change between now and next year but how our circumstances are atm we can afford to lose our universal credits.
Im also receiving carers allowance and dla for my son will these be affected also?

Hi Kerrie,

You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan (ALL) to help pay for the course. You can find out more information about what's available here: https://bit.ly/1W40bsZ.

Unfortunately we don't have any information on how this may impact on any benefits you receive as these are administered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). It would be best to speak to them about this. You can call them on 0800 328 9344.

Thanks,
Chris

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending