The Student Room Group

Help me choose the best 5 choices for undergrad law

My current picks for Law are LSE, King's College London, Durham.

For my last 2 choices, I'm confused among UCL, Bristol, Nottingham and Manchester.
The employer reputation of all of them domestically seems to be very high and comparable, seeing statistics, though when it comes to London Firms and Magic Circle Firms, there may be a few differences. In terms of International Reputation, I'd think that UCL would be the highest followed by Manchester and then Bristol and Nottingham at par not far below Manchester, though I may be wrong. The teaching quality and faculty at all seem to be excellent and don't have huge disparities.

I'm confident of being able to get an offer at Bristol, Manchester and Nottingham, and from my primary three choices, I'd think I have a good chance at KCL and Durham. UCL has a lower offer rate, and slightly higher entry requirements, so it might be a slight gamble.

My LNAT was excellent, in both the MCQ and Essay sections, expecting between 29-33 in MCQ, and since Manchester doesn't require LNAT and that's a strong component of my application, I may drop Manchester. (though I'm interested in their Law with Politics and International Study course)

Since many of the factors are comparable, it boils down to student satisfaction, opportunities available, course variations and freedom, campus life, alumni network and other factors which are more difficult to calculate and measure. Can you all give me advice regarding the best two choices among these four?
The next BEST choices I'd say is UCL, Bristol/Nottingham, Manchester.

UCL is a gamble, because it is competitive but if it helps, if you qualify for a contexual offer, if you get an offer it can be as low as AAB.

Bristol is the same for the contextual offer.

Nottingham has a cut-off point for the LNAT I believe, I think it's like 25 which is pretty high...

Manchester would be a good one, because it doesn't require the LNAT and your other options do.
Personally Brizzy. I like the dim sum.
Thank you for your replies!! Another thing I'd like to take your opinion on is, if I should consider Warwick instead of Manchester or Nottingham, many places say that recently Warwick has earned great amount of reputation and the uni is brilliant except for its location, so how good would it be for law, would it be better than Nottingham or Manchester or almost at the same par in terms of student experience, employability and domestic and international reputation?
Original post by confused5409
Thank you for your replies!! Another thing I'd like to take your opinion on is, if I should consider Warwick instead of Manchester or Nottingham, many places say that recently Warwick has earned great amount of reputation and the uni is brilliant except for its location, so how good would it be for law, would it be better than Nottingham or Manchester or almost at the same par in terms of student experience, employability and domestic and international reputation?

I wouldn’t really pick a university purely on rankings. The employability and experience would be pretty similar, just your choice. Maybe a good idea so you don’t have 4 LNAT uni choices.

Quick Reply

Latest