Appeal Watch

Lynzstav35
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My 16 year old son got refused for army for having eczema 4 years ago,I appealed it and rang has now been refused any ideas????should I keep trying
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
On what grounds are you appealing it?
Lynzstav35
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duncan2012)
On what grounds are you appealing it?
He hasn’t had it for 4 years no outbreaks treatment or anything since October 2014
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lynzstav35)
He hasn’t had it for 4 years no outbreaks treatment or anything since October 2014
That’s not grounds to appeal though. If the policy says ‘no’, which is what it looks like, then I suspect he’s out of luck. A quick google search shows he wouldn’t be the only one. By all means keep researching, but probably worth starting to consider other options too. Sorry.
Telomere
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My 16 year old son got refused for army for having eczema 4 years ago,I appealed it and rang has now been refused any ideas????should I keep trying
What was it about the army that was appealing? There are other careers that have less stringent medicals, that are also 'action' careers: police, paramedics, fire service, coastguard, outdoor education...
Lynzstav35
Rep:
?
(Original post by Telomere)
What was it about the army that was appealing? There are other careers that have less stringent medicals, that are also 'action' careers: police, paramedics, fire service, coastguard, outdoor education...
I can’t force him into something he doesn’t want to do,They said he would be fine been over 3 year clear now they saying no.Dont see what problem is when he hasn’t got it anymore he’s been on holidays in 40degree heat freezing conditions since and no problems
Telomere
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I can’t force him into something he doesn’t want to do,They said he would be fine been over 3 year clear now they saying no.Dont see what problem is when he hasn’t got it anymore he’s been on holidays in 40degree heat freezing conditions since and no problems
True, just thought given the 'no' from the army it would be worth unpicking what the key attractions were and thinking about what other careers might give an element of that. An army or nothing mindset is not terribly helpful.

You have to assume that the army medical clearance people know what theyre doing - its very different going on holiday to somewhere with extreme heat / cold to working long hours in those conditions.

If I were in that position and had my heart set on the army, I would look to do something else for a couple of years and, if I was still symptom free, try again.
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Get a copy of the regulations and see what the exact position is. If you still think it’s worthwhile pursuing then go for it. Just understand there’s a huge difference between going on holiday somewhere hot/cold and what the army will put you through. Eczema is more than temperature related.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (141)
46.08%
Pro-humanity (165)
53.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed