username4380524
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Like the subject says I was caught shoplifting this morning and I am now so ashamed, no excuse as I shouldnt have done it under any circumstances.

Worried now I could end up losing my job if my employers find out as today I was on annual leave.

Wondered if anyone has words of advice or even knows someone who has been in this situation?
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by lesleylogan)
Like the subject says I was caught shoplifting this morning and I am now so ashamed, no excuse as I shouldnt have done it under any circumstances.

Worried now I could end up losing my job if my employers find out as today I was on annual leave.

Wondered if anyone has words of advice or even knows someone who has been in this situation?
Shoplifted from where you work or elsewhere. Do they have your name or details. Do they have a pic of you ? Did they inform police etc ?
username4380524
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Shoplifted from where you work or elsewhere. Do they have your name or details. Do they have a pic of you ? Did they inform police etc ?
It wasnt from where I work no.

Yes they do have my name and details and the police were called.
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
It wasnt from where I work no.

Yes they do have my name and details and the police were called.
if they’ve reported you to the police then you risk having a criminal offence and losing your job.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago

when I was like 13 I shop lifted from Claire’s and got caught. Luckily they just called my parents after shouting at me but most of the school knew and my mum was so disappointed. I learnt my lesson and will never steal again. Did they say if the police would be in contact or what would happen next? If the police get involved it could be a criminal record in which future employers would be made aware
username4380524
Rep:
?
when I was like 13 I shop lifted from Claire’s and got caught. Luckily they just called my parents after shouting at me but most of the school knew and my mum was so disappointed. I learnt my lesson and will never steal again. Did they say if the police would be in contact or what would happen next? If the police get involved it could be a criminal record in which future employers would be made aware
Well the police were called to the store, this happened about 9:30 this morning.

I then had to go to the police station.
username2524473
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I got caught stealing a FHM when I was 14. Absolute mad lad
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
Well the police were called to the store, this happened about 9:30 this morning.

Doesn’t sound good, did they not tell you what would happen next? Let off with a warning or? If it’s a criminal record you have to declare it but your current employers wouldn’t find out unless you tell them or they do a random background check
username4380524
Rep:
?
Doesn’t sound good, did they not tell you what would happen next? Let off with a warning or? If it’s a criminal record you have to declare it but your current employers wouldn’t find out unless you tell them or they do a random background check
Well yes I had to go to the police station and after a lot of waiting around for a bit I was questioned about it all.

They will be sending a report to the procurator fiscal who would then decide if I am to be charged or not, there is a chance I will be.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

Whatever possessed you to do it, you are probably going to lose your job.
username4380524
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Whatever possessed you to do it, you are probably going to lose your job.
A bit of being skint, and more so stupidity.

Not going to make excuses as I know that there isnt any really.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
A bit of being skint, and more so stupidity.

Not going to make excuses as I know that there isnt any really.
Well hate to say it there is not much advice anyone can give you other than you are screwed really.
Anonymous #3
Report 10 months ago
You'll be put on the secret blacklist. The'll pretend like its ok so that when nothing in your life goes right from now on you wont know who to blame.
username4380524
Rep:
?
It was silly of me and I know I hav noone to blame but myself.
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
It was silly of me and I know I hav noone to blame but myself.
Do you have any mental health issues. Could they let you off if any kind of mental health conditions?? ...... just a thought. See you’re doctor act it up maybe 🤷🏽*♂️
username4380524
Rep:
?
Do you have any mental health issues. Could they let you off if any kind of mental health conditions?? ...... just a thought. See you’re doctor act it up maybe 🤷🏽*♂️
Nothing that I can really think of, though I do from time to time suffer from a bit of depression.

I know I should never hav got myself into this mess though, not the nicest way to spend a good few hours on a Friday in a police station.
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
Nothing that I can really think of, though I do from time to time suffer from a bit of depression.

I know I should never hav got myself into this mess though, not the nicest way to spend a good few hours on a Friday in a police station.
Diagnosed depression or u just feel depressed ?
Anonymous #3
Report 10 months ago
Bad idea. Might get OP off the shoplifting but evereyone will think theyre mental. Then in any disagreement about anything.. Say if OP gets raped and the guy denies it he'll just be able to say "dont listen to them theyre mental", and nobody will.
username4380524
Rep:
?
Diagnosed depression or u just feel depressed ?

Nothing diagnosed no.
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
Nothing diagnosed no.
Hmm. Sorry for your situation. We can all make silly mistakes that we truly didn’t mean or didn’t think through and it can have such a massive impact on our lives. Hope everything goes well for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (11)
22%
No (39)
78%

Watched Threads