The Student Room Group

Cardiff Dentistry 2019 entry MMI prep/practise/help thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone congrats on your interviews 3rd year dental student here i was fortunate to recieve all my interviews and my offers. so if you have any questions regarding the interviews themselves or the degree feel free to ask.

Good Luck with your interviews!
Original post by BelleeverHopeful
Nope, I just wanted a bit more scope so I did it. Honestly, I was told that if I did it it would make me stand out as an applicant but didn't work apparently haha

😂😂😂 well at least you have the requirements
How did you prepare for the MMI personally
Original post by sachind01
😂😂😂 well at least you have the requirements

Yah, plus I'm working at a dental practice currently so that should help (although I don't feel in any way shape or form ready)
Yah, plus I'm working at a dental practice currently so that should help (although I don't feel in any way shape or form ready)

yeah I'm sure you'll be fine. how have you been prepping?
yeah I'm sure you'll be fine. how have you been prepping?

I've actually been rereading what's involved with the courses and practicing how I would respond to ethical dilemma/situation. But since I'm working and doing a dental nursing course I have no time 😭😭. That and trying to keep up to date with the NHS particularly dental matters
I had a QMUL interview last year but it went meh for me but good luck

Thanks x did you have to watch a video too? its panel so I feel better for it
do you think they'll let me bring some manual dexterity evidence in?
Good luck at all your interviews this year! you seem really well composed and stuff sure ull do great x
Original post by casualchaos
Thanks x did you have to watch a video too? its panel so I feel better for it
do you think they'll let me bring some manual dexterity evidence in?
Good luck at all your interviews this year! you seem really well composed and stuff sure ull do great x

Yes, you watch the video and then speak to them about it. I have seen people bring art portfolios and I myself brought in some origami but it's not mandatory and sometimes they don't ask for you brought anything with you. Thanks and good luck to you too
(edited 5 years ago)
i just thought id share this as it was on a link from the page where we booked the interview times. the stations should be around these topics: why dentistry, logic/instruction giving, professionalism, manual dexterity, breaking bad news, innovation, reasoning, reflective practice, data interpretation and problem solving. there should be 10 stations and 2 rest stations, 5 minutes each and 2 minutes prep before each one i think.

Good luck to those of you who have it tomorrow! I hope all goes well :smile:
Original post by fallinallinu
i just thought id share this as it was on a link from the page where we booked the interview times. the stations should be around these topics: why dentistry, logic/instruction giving, professionalism, manual dexterity, breaking bad news, innovation, reasoning, reflective practice, data interpretation and problem solving. there should be 10 stations and 2 rest stations, 5 minutes each and 2 minutes prep before each one i think.

Good luck to those of you who have it tomorrow! I hope all goes well :smile:

This is really helpful, thanks and good luck to you too if you have an interview as well
This is really helpful, thanks and good luck to you too if you have an interview as well

No problem and thanks!
Alright guys, so I had my interview and all I can say is the people are really nice and helpful some of the stations were difficult for me but that was to be expected and they don't let you bring anything in during the interview.Oh and they do a tour beforehand. Good luck to everyone and let me know how it goes
(edited 5 years ago)
Alright guys, so I had my interview and all I can say is the people are really nice and helpful some of the stations were difficult for me but that was to be expected and they don't let you bring anything in during the interview.Oh and they do a tour beforehand. Good luck to everyone and let me know how it goes

Thanks! Hopefully, you hear good news soon x

Did they say when they will get back to the students being interviewed?
Did they say when they will get back to the students being interviewed?

They said two weeks from next Monday since they have to finish all the interviews so roughly the week of the 4th Feb I think?
Does anyone know if Cardiff do roleplays?
Now mmis are over how does everyone feel about how it went?
Now mmis are over how does everyone feel about how it went?

dreadful 😂😂
I know right! I don’t know how well I think I did bc some went okay and others were a bit tricky. But at least it’s over!
I know right! I don’t know how well I think I did bc some went okay and others were a bit tricky. But at least it’s over!

yeah that's defo a positive at least it's over 😂

Quick Reply

Latest