The Student Room Group

Hooking up with cute interviewer

I recently had an interview at a company with two women and one man. The interview went quite well, but I was turned down because they felt the role was more suited to another candidate.

However, one of the girls interviewing me was a few years older than me, but was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. I only know her LinkedIn profile. Should I pursue her, and if so, how?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I recently had an interview at a company with two women and one man. The interview went quite well, but I was turned down because they felt the role was more suited to another candidate.

However, one of the girls interviewing me was a few years older than me, but was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. I only know her LinkedIn profile. Should I pursue her, and if so, how?

You are going to pursue someone who just rejected you in an interview? I don't know if that is a good idea.
Chasing after someone online you met very briefly in a purely professional context?

Great if you want to be viewed as a stalker.
Original post by Violet Femme
Chasing after someone online you met very briefly in a purely professional context?

Great if you want to be viewed as a stalker.

Isn't he allowed to ask her out?
Cheese graters are violent bro
Pause
Original post by Justvisited

He could. But it would just be awkward.
Original post by Justvisited

It's the same as being approached in the street and being asked out. Unsolicited approaches for non-professional reasons on linkedin are quite common and I'm yet to know of anyone who appreciates it. That's not what linkedin is for and tracking someone down online that you don't know can make them feel uncomfortable.
Reply 8
Unlikely she's hanging around waiting for you to get in contact, but you could give it a try. Some compensation for not getting the job. Send a cheery LinkedIn message and see if she replies
It would be unprofesional conduct on your part for you to pursue her with romantic intentions.

If you were to bump into her at a party or in a pub you could start a conversation with her. Otherwise leave her alone. It's not like she's the only stunningly beautiful woman in the world.

Go for it if you don't intend to apply to the same company again.
No.
LinkedIn is not for people to stalk and creepily ask out someone they barely know and have only met in a professional context
Terrible idea, if your only avenue to approach someone is to cross professional boundaries, nah. inapproproate. I would actually argue it's more inapproproate than simply asking someone out on the street.
This has to be the single most retarded idea I've ever read on this website, definitely in the past year, maybe ever.

Do it.
(edited 5 years ago)
haha i was in a similar situation fairly recently but decided against it cos i gave a pretty chitty interview. but tbh mate go for it whats the worst thing can happen she could tell u to fk off not gonna ruin ur career probably
Reply 16
Bunny boiler much? :wink:

*when you have to pull out linkedin to get a woman lol

Are you male or female.......
Original post by Mr smile
Are you male or female.......

im guessing 100% male

Quick Reply

Latest