Can I mention this in a Physics personal statement?

Watch
username1976009
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I've used electronics and computers a couple times in my personal statement about physics, should this be okay?

I'm mainly interested in physics and want to use it to go into electronics research and have focused a lot more on the physics side
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BradleyAustin97)
So I've used electronics and computers a couple times in my personal statement about physics, should this be okay?

I'm mainly interested in physics and want to use it to go into electronics research and have focused a lot more on the physics side
All depends how you use it I guess. If you're talking about your future plans of what you'd like to do with your degree then I think that could work. :yes: If it takes the focus of youe personal statement away from physics then that's something to be wary of.
username1976009
Rep:
?
Thank you the exact guidance I needed. I'm just interested a lot in using physics to research electronics
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do your course choices mention electronics? It would be inadvisable to mention it if they don't
username1976009
Rep:
?
No, I'm applying for physics however I'm interested in the physics behind electronics rather then just the electronics.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BradleyAustin97)
No, I'm applying for physics however I'm interested in the physics behind electronics rather then just the electronics.
As long as you can relate it to the sorts of physics theories you will be studying then it's fine
username1976009
Rep:
?
Thank you, I've done that way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (8)
4.85%
Confident (14)
8.48%
Indifferent (16)
9.7%
Unsure (40)
24.24%
Worried (87)
52.73%

Watched Threads