What grades in GCSEs are needed for unconditional Watch

Guntertyu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was reading about Royal Holloway and it said that you need to have GCSEs to get in. I was wondering what grades and how much. Also does predicted grades effect the outcome. Say I got exceptional predicted but poor gcse. Thanks
Yr_11_MATHS
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why would a uni take a chance to give anyone an unconditional offer before getting their A level grades?
DEdEdD
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Yr_11_MATHS)
Why would a uni take a chance to give anyone an unconditional offer before getting their A level grades?
To lock in v good candidates. Birmingham are offering them this year for English if you make them firm. (My youngest is predicted A*A*A and has good but not outstanding GCSEs (mostly A* and A with B in textiles) - they might take it if they don't get an offer from Oxford). My oldest had unconditional even if not first choice two years ago but that was for design where portfolio is far more relevant than A levels in irrelevant subjects).
Killerkid123ui
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was also wondering since they have a scheme going on where they offer unconditionalls to those with good predicted grades.
This is a quote :
In order to be considered for this scheme, you will need to demonstrate a record of outstanding academic achievement including high grades for GCSEs or a predicted high grade for the IB Diploma.

So what kinda and how many grades are needed for this.

Also one of my friends got predicted aaa* and was not offered unconditional , so what is it they look for , also do personal statements even matter
Last edited by Killerkid123ui; 1 year ago
DEdEdD
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Killerkid123ui)
I was also wondering since they have a scheme going on where they offer unconditionalls to those with good predicted grades.
This is a quote :
In order to be considered for this scheme, you will need to demonstrate a record of outstanding academic achievement including high grades for GCSEs or a predicted high grade for the IB Diploma.

So what kinda and how many grades are needed for this.

Also one of my friends got predicted aaa* and was not offered unconditional , so what is it they look for , also do personal statements even matter
Can only say what my youngest got. 5A* (incl in subjects being applied for) 3A 2B (incl textiles which is totally irelevant) and is predicted A*A*A, has a really good personal statement and reference (plus came top for her school at GCSE for English Language). Quite a few of my oldest child's friends got unconditionals 2 years ago. Various subjects but all with v good GCSEs.
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Guntertyu)
I was reading about Royal Holloway and it said that you need to have GCSEs to get in. I was wondering what grades and how much. Also does predicted grades effect the outcome. Say I got exceptional predicted but poor gcse. Thanks
Hi Guntertyu,

I would recommend getting in touch with our Admissions team at [email protected] or by phone at +44 (0)1784 414944 and they will be able to answer any questions you might have about the Academic Excellence Scheme.

Susana
Hammad(214508)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They are very confusing, better contact them. I have seen 3A with unconditional and 3A* without, for the same course, and having the preferred subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
14.5%
1 (70)
13.36%
2 (66)
12.6%
20.42%
20.61%
5 (97)
18.51%

Watched Threads