I feel concerned regarding a fellow uni student in my class

Watch
kathleenjenkins
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So a bit of a background... I think someone in my uni class has a shady past and quite frankly could be potentially dangerous I am just not sure but it is making me feel a bit uneasy.

I only happened to do a google search of their name to find a personal insolvency order against them, only to find on that : multiple aliases for that person. Got a bit confused as to why there was so many names on there but I googled a few of these names and it seems like in their young life they've changed names on a regular basis and quite frequently. They boasted about how they were the youngest to do a particular job but some more background research found out that - that was under a different name too!

I am imagining at this point that the name they've said they got might not even be their name. Just not sure if i'm being too nosy or am potentially on to something. Would like an opinion on what you think of that??

Thanks
username4397500
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds like they could have a criminal background!
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol I'd probably just forget about it.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your behaviour is a bit weird.
Svesh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think he's planning a terrorist attack so it's all good
kathleenjenkins
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Well I'll admit I didnt expect such a backlash here, I just found it weird why they have used so many names, wouldnt you???:confused:
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to uni life

am not sure why you care and it's none of your business either, perhaps they have been stalked in the past and had to change their name for safety, maybe they are trans or come from an abusive family or maybe they just value their privacy online so use aliases

whatever the reason is none of your business
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kathleenjenkins)
Well I'll admit I didnt expect such a backlash here, I just found it weird why they have used so many names, wouldnt you???:confused:
I'm curious why you made a new TSR account in what appears to be your real name if you are so worried about a fellow student. After all, this allegedly shady individual might be on this site and notice your name...
hallamstudents
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey kathleenjenkins

Maybe this is one of those things better left alone. If you genuinely feel concern or worry, is it based off the person themselves or what you've potentially found out about them. What if your findings are wrong and you cause some undue upset?

I don't really know what you could be on to here...
Josh
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A person is allowed to change names. I don't know why you think that's worrying. You've found no evidence of any wrongdoing except some money issues. Stop internet stalking your classmates.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (407)
56.14%
I don't have everything I need (318)
43.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed