Border Force Applications - Nov 18 Watch

Zebrapjs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I also got my got my email on the 4th April placed on the reserve list for 12months. I applied to Manchester. I interviewed end of Feb. Seems like everybody is being placed on the reserve list for the bigger airport I think it’s to do with their financial funding for 2019/2020.
bmr29
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m just curious if anyone has been given a job offer or has everyone been put on reserve?
Runner1708
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by bmr29)
I’m just curious if anyone has been given a job offer or has everyone been put on reserve?
From what I can make out everyone is on reserve, certainly those that interviewed this year!
Ryans121
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think certain things such as Brexit outcome and yearly budget have played a part in the resource planning
bmr29
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Really doesn’t make much sense as to why hold such lengthy interviews if there are no jobs?
(Original post by Runner1708)
From what I can make out everyone is on reserve, certainly those that interviewed this year!
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah totally agree! Someone who I know who works in immigration has said it’s brexit
bmr29
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Does he by think once brexit has happened or not there will be jobs?
(Original post by Runner1708)
Yeah totally agree! Someone who I know who works in immigration has said it’s brexit
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
All he said is he thinks that once Brexit is sorted he thinks I will be offered a job. Didn’t probe any further.
Katiemgc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Another delay until end of October
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Katiemgc)
Another delay until end of October
Think we can forget these jobs 😥
Katiemgc
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm itching to get moving and become part of this. I'm going to get past this reserve list stuff even if it kills me.
john1930
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Civil service cancelled the no deal Brexit office today- with that goes any chance of these jobs coming off. Put simply open borders continue and no need for any!
Katiemgc
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by john1930)
Civil service cancelled the no deal Brexit office today- with that goes any chance of these jobs coming off. Put simply open borders continue and no need for any!
What do you mean Brexit office closure?
john1930
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Katiemgc)
What do you mean Brexit office closure?
The Govt had a special office set up to deal with the issues surrounding a no deal Brexit ie Borders part of it. Theyve effectivley wasted 2 Billion in preparation as the Government today announced the office was closing as it wasnt needed. In effect its going to be Mays deal or no Brexit- either way we stay in the EU whatever lies the Government tell . Along with that unfortunately for us they wont need to expand the Border force as nothing is changing. I hope im wrong as i put a lot of effort into the application but i doubt it !
Ryans121
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
They've just posted assistant officer vacancies for Manchester on indeed so hopefully you're wrong ha
bmr29
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How does that even make any sense? I applied for Manchester but I’m on reserve!? So confused 😩

(Original post by Ryans121)
They've just posted assistant officer vacancies for Manchester on indeed so hopefully you're wrong ha
john1930
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by bmr29)
How does that even make any sense? I applied for Manchester but I’m on reserve!? So confused 😩
It doesnt, the positions are for felixestowe and MK not MCR- we already knew about those
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
There is an ad for Border Force Assistant officers but it’s non operational, it’s a different role. It’s in the command and control unit, only 3 posts and temp for 2 years
xuser97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have also been placed in to reserve list for 12 months.
Zebrapjs
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi all

I am slightly confused, I was put on the reserve list for 12 month in April. Today I got an email for a provisional offer, post is located in at Edinburgh airport. I never put Edinburgh as my first preferred location, it was Manchester then Liverpool. Anybody had something similar or any offers for Manchester.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (211)
14.82%
The paper was reasonable (798)
56.04%
Not feeling great about that exam... (310)
21.77%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
7.37%

Watched Threads