Need assistance with A level revision

Watch
DR.DOOM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Recently, I have tried to fend off any stress or worries. I've been worrying a bit recently with my A-levels. I am taking psychology, media and sociology as my A-levels. For media, last year was shambolic and I went through 3 teachers who all got fired and taught my class the wrong material. The media mock results were all U's as a result of that. A new teacher was brought in this year and he's really good, he's trying his best to get us where we need to be in terms of the academics but I still fear for media in all ways possible because of how it has been.

That is the first worry, the second worry is sociology. I am really good at sociology as it is one of my interests, last year we had a really good teacher that taught us all of the first year topics except theory and methods. She left when year 1 finished because my school is terrible and I don't blame her, but ever since she left the subject has just gone down the drain. We got a new teacher that sabotaged the class and left for no reason, we now have a new one that is lazy and isn't teaching us as effectively, the type of look in the book and copy teacher. I fear for both media and sociology quiet a bit because of this, a teacher needs to lead the class to get the best grades possible (on the topic of sociology as the teacher is bad)

So this is where I come in, I need to teach myself media and sociology as effectively as I possibly can. At the moment, everyday I try to study each of my subjects for 1 hour. so 1 hour on media, 1 on psychology and 1 on sociology. In school I try to use my free periods but I can get carried away because of friends but I will ensure this stops from next week and next year. I keep thinking to myself the amount of revision I am doing just isn't enough and mocks are around the corner for year 1 subjects, it's really getting to me and I need to work out a strategy to cope with this and win in the end. Psychology is fine as the teacher I have is really good and I can teach it to myself, I only have issues remembering AO3 points.

But what can I do? I really need to work out a strategy or structure for revision as at the moment I'm reading the books and writing notes but I think I can do better to get the best grades in the end
Last edited by DR.DOOM; 2 years ago

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise