Announcements

ReputationRep:
    without it being weird. I think 6 years difference max
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Everyone’s different ig

My parents have a 14 year age gap

I’d go for 8 years max.

ReputationRep:
    Really depends on the individuals (as long as it’s the legal age) since it’s up to them to decide and we shouldn’t be judging that. I know a couple with an 11 year age gap and they’re really happy.
    Personally, depends more on the character and mindset of the person, age comes after.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really consider a couple's differences in age as weird or unacceptable, its too subjective.
    Large age gaps like 30 or 50 years tend to be considered unusual.
    But as long as both people are above the legal age of consent and no laws are broken, other people's opinions on ages are irrelevant.
    I'm only attracted to older guys (usually with an age gap of 15years+) but try to avoid nosing into other people's relationships.

ReputationRep:
    The age gap is none of your business if they're adults and consenting.
    Do one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwertyuser123)
    without it being weird. I think 6 years difference max
    I think up to a 5 years difference is calm.

(Original post by londonmyst)
    I don't really consider a couple's differences in age as weird or unacceptable, its too subjective.
    Large age gaps like 30 or 50 years tend to be considered unusual.
    But as long as both people are above the legal age of consent and no laws are broken, other people's opinions on ages are irrelevant.
    I'm only attracted to older guys (usually with an age gap of 15years+) but try to avoid nosing into other people's relationships.
    Are you a guy or a girl? My parents have a 12 year age gap and it was hard growing up since my dad is older than my mum's dad and never really did any sport or wanted to do anything 'too tiring'. When having children, I'd say 5 years max.

(Original post by Trapmoneybenny)
    The age gap is none of your business if they're adults and consenting.
    Do one
    So you agree that a 99.99 year old man and a 17.99 year old girl is wrong.

But you're fine with a 100.00 year old man and an 18.00 year old girl? You think there is absolutely nothing wrong with it? Not even mildly creepy? And (judging by your second sentence) you think even the suggestion that it might be wrong is outrageous?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have a 7 year gap between me and my SO and it's fine. Depends on the couple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngeryPenguin)

But you're fine with a 100.00 year old man and an 18.00 year old girl? You think there is absolutely nothing wrong with it? Not even mildly creepy? And (judging by your second sentence) you think even the suggestion that it might be wrong is outrageous?
    You’re thinking too deeply about this.

ReputationRep:
    it depends really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Are you a guy or a girl? My parents have a 12 year age gap and it was hard growing up since my dad is older than my mum's dad and never really did any sport or wanted to do anything 'too tiring'. When having children, I'd say 5 years max.
    So your maternal grandfather got your maternal grandmother pregnant when he was 11 or 12?? Wow! He didn't beat about the bush!

Or were you born into a family of Dr Who Timelords, or something?

ReputationRep:
    6 years

Well I'm 26 and I'm in love with someone who is 76...I don't think age really matters as long as its adults.

ReputationRep:
    Once both are over 20. Then a 5 year gap is fine

ReputationRep:
    Id say 12 years but only if over 22. 18-22 id say 3 years is fine and below that 1 year. But its ok if the girl is much older than the boy.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the age.

18 year old and a 12 year old? I mean...
    18 year old and a 17 year old? Sure.

69 year old and a 60 year old? Nice.
    69 and an 18 year old? A bit dubious
    69 and a twelve year old? Okay. Let's stop there.

In the words of Mallory Archer: "I'll get me a twelve year old!" or something like that, but that doesn't really work out ;-;

ReputationRep:
    19 years, 1 month and 12 days.

ReputationRep:
    The 1/2 age + 7 rule will keep you out of trouble and from being a laughing stock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngeryPenguin)

This would be fine as he would be too frail to do anything creepy.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.