The Student Room Group

My Head Girl application

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Try to mention something that’s inspired you to take on the role...

When I became head boy my speech was based completely around making a difference for those who suffer bullying. This was because I experienced a substantial amount myself throughout my life...
Try and make those who will see your application, connect with you enthusiasm and reasoning on a complete new levels.

Make sure they know what you plan to do with the role, how you will make a difference and what you can do. What can you bring to the table? And try not to mention so much about the academic side (however important) because at the end of the day being a head student is not all about being academic, but strong leadership and passion for what you are doing!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by MrMarks
Try to mention something that’s inspired you to take on the role...

When I became head boy my speech was based completely around making a difference for those who suffer bullying. This was because I experienced a substantial amount myself throughout my life...
Try and make those who will see your application, connect with you enthusiasm and reasoning on a complete new levels.

Make sure they know what you plan to do with the role, how you will make a difference and what you can do. What can you bring to the table? And try not to mention so much about the academic side (however important) because at the end of the day being a head student is not all about being academic, but strong leadership and passion for what you are doing!

Okay, thanks a lot for your reccomendations , i sure will tone down the academic waffle i have going on. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Okay, thanks a lot for your reccomendations , i sure will tone down the academic waffle i have going on. :smile:

Other than that I thought it was fantastic!

Let me know how it goes! I wanna know if you get it or not! If you need anymore help give me a hoot!
Reply 4
Hey! I literally just got Head girl at my school. This is so long! How long does the application have to be? My application was one page and a few boxes and then we did a big speech to all the teachers. If you also have to do a speech, I’d include a lot less of the information you have. Otherwise, what will you have to talk about? However, if you are only going through the election with paper applications, This sounds quite good. Ask yourself, is your passion for the role getting across to the people who will be reading it? It’s a lot harder to do in written format. Use fancy words. (If it is teacher elections)
Original post by MrMarks
Other than that I thought it was fantastic!

Let me know how it goes! I wanna know if you get it or not! If you need anymore help give me a hoot!

Haha Thankyou, i appreciate the support! and I sure will :wink:
Original post by Tibstub
Hey! I literally just got Head girl at my school. This is so long! How long does the application have to be? My application was one page and a few boxes and then we did a big speech to all the teachers. If you also have to do a speech, I’d include a lot less of the information you have. Otherwise, what will you have to talk about? However, if you are only going through the election with paper applications, This sounds quite good. Ask yourself, is your passion for the role getting across to the people who will be reading it? It’s a lot harder to do in written format. Use fancy words. (If it is teacher elections)

We have to a 2 sided A4 statement (cannot be longer that that), font size 12. explaining the reasons for applying for the post and what i feel i can offer. However i feel like i need to talk about the ideas i can offer and implement, but i dont know where to start as i have lots of ideas, and plus i have no idea where i should mention it within my statement. :redface:
We have to a 2 sided A4 statement (cannot be longer that that), font size 12. explaining the reasons for applying for the post and what i feel i can offer. However i feel like i need to talk about the ideas i can offer and implement, but i dont know where to start as i have lots of ideas, and plus i have no idea where i should mention it within my statement. :redface:

Don't post this online ....
Reply 8
Well, you should definitely make sure that when you are mentioning ideas you’re not slating the school. Say things like ‘I would like to build on x by introducing y with the help of z’. So, Don’t just describe yourself to be the supreme leader... mention working with others but also taking responsibility in leadership positions. You could mention previous times in school you’ve volunteered to help younger students. Think outside of the box but be realistic when implicating ideas.
@Doonesbury @Charlotte's Web PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD thanks :smile:
Reply 10
Why is it being deleted?
@Doonesbury @Charlotte's Web PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD thanks :smile:

Deleting threads isn't something we do unless in exceptional circumstances, as the information contained in threads can help others. From what I can see there isn't any personal info or anything that needs removing from a community guidelines perspective.

If you want to discuss deletion, unfortunately we aren't the best people to help you. You would need to post in 'Ask The Community Team', which you can find here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1215

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending