Calling my ict friends (this is urgent)Watch
So I wrote 982 words over a painstaking few hours for my English Coursework for the Handmaid’s tale on my phone on the Word App. Then in order to send the document to my teacher I had to download the Outlook app as my school email is with office 365. HOWEVER. When I did try to send this over everything just shut down and the document wasn’t sent to the second app. But now, I cannot find it anywhere. Not in my iCloud, My OneDrive, my documents, my recently deleted. This document is NOWHERE to be seen. So, I called apple. They told me to contact Microsoft Word’s app developers. I tried to call Microsoft but they told me to contact my school ICT because I was not an admin. I tried to email my school IT but again as I am not an admin I can not. So I have emailed my head of sixth form who will need to forward the email to IT who will need to contact Microsoft Word. I am literally going to rip my hair out if my work cannot be recovered. I have about a million things to do and this is Coursework so it is massively important.
1. Open up the Word App
2. Press File
3. Go to Info
4. Press Manage Document
5. Recover Unsaved Document
There's a chance your document will still be there through word's recovery mechanism.
There is no file option on the app that I can see. I can see your point- but how does a document just dissapear?
2. Have you went to 'Open' at the bottom, and checked all places? such as 'phone' and 'more'
3. Under Settings, were you signed in when you lost the document? There is a heading called 'Account' under Settings, have you checked there.
4. Under 'Open', go to 'more'
5. At the bottom there should be another tab called 'Browse', which gives you access to the iCloud Drive for Word.
6. Check if it contains your file
7. Also under 'Browse', you can see 'Recently Deleted'.
8. If you press 'Browse' and at the top left, you see an arrow saying 'Locations', then pressing that button will bring you to a menu that allows you to access recently deleted.
If you have checked your iCloud, Recents, and OneDrive, there is one method left. But, I am not experienced in recovering phone Word documents, but it is something you can try as a last resort:
If you follow the following link:
You need to download an application called FoneDog on a computer, then connect your phone to a computer through a USB cable.
I have never used it before, but it is something you can try.