How many marks would you give my a-level clinical psychology essay?

Watch
Cloud007
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How could I improve this? I tried to time myself to give myself 10 minutes exactly but I struggle to get everything written down in an exam. I tried to write as little as possible so I could talk a lot, but just struggled. I didn't really know what to write because whenever I write, I end up writing too much for the 8 markers. Please help me, thanks!

5) Assess how effective a biological treatment may be compared to a non-biological treatment(8 marks).

The typical biological prescription for OCD are SSRsI lke fluoxetine while an example for a standard psychological treatment is ERPT. ERPT is found to usually work for clients who are motivated. However Masellis et al(2003) found that 44% of clients only suffer from obsessions so ERPT is useless. This suggests that a better treatment for OCD may be rooted in biology.

There are concerns that individuals will relapse in therapy. Korean et al(2002) found that antidepressant medication may help to prevent relapse. This contrasts with Ravizza et al(1995) who found that drugs were not effective for 40% of people. This raises the question of individual differences. Brody et al(1998) found that metabolic rate shows whether individuals respond better to CBT or drug therapy.

It is hard to generalise if psychological treatments will be more or less effective due to individual differences.
Last edited by Cloud007; 1 year ago
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I assumd your essay won't be checked for similarity then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (595)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (729)
41.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (349)
19.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.51%

Watched Threads