The Student Room Group

A level options help: Geography or History

I’ve narrowed down my 4th a level to history or geography

I’m definitely taking the following
Biology
Chemistry
Psychology

For my fourth I wanted to take one that interests me. I personally enjoy history more but geography is still more relevant to my sciences. I’m currently getting 8s and 9s in both so grades aren’t a problem assuming things go smoothly for my GCSE’s. In psychology we study nazi Germany so history would be relevant for that. I know the 3 I’ve chosen are difficult but I want to at least try 4.
I’m taking psychology or neurology further for uni I think.

Any thoughts on the one I should take? Any advice is appreciated!
Reply 1
Thanks this is a great help!
Original post by SixOfOwls
I’ve narrowed down my 4th a level to history or geography

I’m definitely taking the following
Biology
Chemistry
Psychology

For my fourth I wanted to take one that interests me. I personally enjoy history more but geography is still more relevant to my sciences. I’m currently getting 8s and 9s in both so grades aren’t a problem assuming things go smoothly for my GCSE’s. In psychology we study nazi Germany so history would be relevant for that. I know the 3 I’ve chosen are difficult but I want to at least try 4.
I’m taking psychology or neurology further for uni I think.

Any thoughts on the one I should take? Any advice is appreciated!

I’m actually doing both and really enjoy them! They’re both essay subjects, with geography having a few non-essay questions. I suppose history is seen as better by universities due to its research qualities. But something to take into account is geography a level now includes a 25% coursework investigation. This includes Harvard referencing and lots of research.
I’d say pick geography, but any is good!
Reply 3
Thanks! Since you took both which would you say had a smaller work load? I know no a level is easy but as a 4th it would be nice to know what I would be getting into

Quick Reply