The Student Room Group

Loughborough Interview

On the 18th of December I have an interview for Mechanical Engineering at Loughborough, and I have seen no information about the dress code other than the fact that is must be suitable for outdoors.

I know you have to look smart, but I was wondering what sort of things would be suitable to wear. And if any of you have already had an interview, how was your experience and what time of questions were asked. If anyone could advise me that would be great.
I haven't done an interview at loghborough but I did one at Oxford for mechanical engineering, can't imagine them being that different.
in first interview I was asked why I want to be an engineer, but I think it was just a warm up question. they also asked about my PS a bit but not much. Then they dove into a physics question which was mainly based upon circular motion; he explained at the start that I wasn't meant to be able to do it without guidance and whenever I got stuck they suggested stuff like 'does that look farmiliar'. I suggest anyone applying learns their formula booklet for mechanical subjects. Then I got asked to graph a couple things, so definelty be confident in that.
My second I kept making stupid mistakes, but they gave me time to correct myself. I got asked an energy question and then to plot the graphs
overall, I'd say be confident in mechanics questions (IE circular motion and energy questions) and graph plotting. also go over ur PS one more time. as to what to wear, go smart casual. I would not go in a suit but that's personal preference. most places don't care about what you wear it's about how you answer the questions.
good luck xxx
also I applied for Loughborough and haven't heard anything about an interview, I just got an offer. how did you hear about the interview (kinda scared I've just missed the information about it)
Reply 3
Original post by wattm056
I haven't done an interview at loghborough but I did one at Oxford for mechanical engineering, can't imagine them being that different.
in first interview I was asked why I want to be an engineer, but I think it was just a warm up question. they also asked about my PS a bit but not much. Then they dove into a physics question which was mainly based upon circular motion; he explained at the start that I wasn't meant to be able to do it without guidance and whenever I got stuck they suggested stuff like 'does that look farmiliar'. I suggest anyone applying learns their formula booklet for mechanical subjects. Then I got asked to graph a couple things, so definelty be confident in that.
My second I kept making stupid mistakes, but they gave me time to correct myself. I got asked an energy question and then to plot the graphs
overall, I'd say be confident in mechanics questions (IE circular motion and energy questions) and graph plotting. also go over ur PS one more time. as to what to wear, go smart casual. I would not go in a suit but that's personal preference. most places don't care about what you wear it's about how you answer the questions.
good luck xxx

Thank you very much!!!
Reply 4
Original post by wattm056
also I applied for Loughborough and haven't heard anything about an interview, I just got an offer. how did you hear about the interview (kinda scared I've just missed the information about it)

When did you apply? What were your predicted grades?
Original post by Rishbha
When did you apply? What were your predicted grades?

I applied about a month ago, AAA and then I've got an A already in maths

Quick Reply

Latest