The Student Room Group

I want to message her and get closer to her!

There's this girl who I am really into. We seem to get on really well and there is definetly a 'spark' between us, we get on pretty well when I see her at a lot of the social things that I go to at uni, there is always a lot of flirting when we talk as well. However, I have not got the courage to message her, I was messaging one of her good friends not that long ago and I think it would be really awkward between us if I startd to message her now. we both have gone home now for uni and won't see each other until after christmas. I would really like to do something with this girl but haven't got the courage haha.

Any advice on what I should do?
Reply 1
text her something random like "how are you", then say that you sent it to the wrong person, then a new conversation will start
Original post by Linxiao
text her something random like "how are you", then say that you sent it to the wrong person, then a new conversation will start

Definitely do NOT do this.

Just text her staright ask her how shes is etc then ask her out simple
Original post by Anonymous
There's this girl who I am really into. We seem to get on really well and there is definetly a 'spark' between us, we get on pretty well when I see her at a lot of the social things that I go to at uni, there is always a lot of flirting when we talk as well. However, I have not got the courage to message her, I was messaging one of her good friends not that long ago and I think it would be really awkward between us if I startd to message her now. we both have gone home now for uni and won't see each other until after christmas. I would really like to do something with this girl but haven't got the courage haha.

Any advice on what I should do?

Well... what do you want us to say?!? I could give you the usual advice that's prevelant on these threads (e.g. "Be a man, grow a pair... what's the worst that can happen?" etc.), but lets face it, you'll only find a feek and weeble excuse to talk yourself out of it, so we'll try a different approach:-

In a few weeks time (say, early next year), you're going to come back to your dorm in a bad mood. Why are you in a bad mood? Because all the flirting, talking that used to happen between you two has suddenly stopped, and that spark that once was there has completely burnt out. Wondering what's going on, you message 'that good friend' of hers to find out what's changed, and they tell you that she met 'Lee' a couple of weeks ago and she's now head over heels in to him. Being the jealous guy that you are, you decide to check this guy out and although you hate his guts, you reluctantly realise you and Lee are very similar in many ways (uncomfortably similar lol) and to add insult to injury, it's painfully clear to everyone (especially you) that no f**kers gonna ever split them up.. ever! You later post on here about how heartbroken you are, but eventually get over it and move on. Towards the end of Semester 2, you bump into anothe cutie called Michelle or 'Chellie' (as she prefers to be known) and we begin the whole sorry cycle again.

So... what lessons can you learn from that little premonition:-

1) Hot / desirable girls (and guys) get noticed by everybody... so chances are at least one other person has clocked on how great she is
2) She's going to end up with someone eventually, she's not going to stay single for ever... or wait indefiniely for your to make your move
3) You're probably way more desireable than you give yourself credit for
4) Unless you make a consious effort to change your ways, the same sh1t is gonna keep happening, and you'll end up old and alone.

Right, the lecture's over... now what should you say to her? I would keep it friendly at first; IMHO, I think it's perfectly acceptable to ask what her plans are for Christmas and / or the new year. Alternatively, you can ask if she's glad to be back home or if she can't wait to be back at Uni. Also you know her, you can reminise about some activity you did together at Uni. Just pull your finger out and make your move. You never know, you may be that smug tw@t with the girl on your arm... while some other poor b@stad looks on at you two.

Bonne chance mon ami, va chercher ta femme :wink:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
You already talk to her in real life, texting is easy just ask how she's doing on her break and if she's enjoying Christmas
Original post by Linxiao

Ok that is the worst advice I’ve seen, make the girl feel not needed and not as important, excellent Holmes
You talk to her in real life so create an excuse to message her such as 'ill send you it later' and continue the conversation, its super easy as you talk irl...

Quick Reply

Latest