Can I reapply? Watch

Mozeph332
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So in September I wrote my Personal Statement and completed my Ucas application, unaware that I had the wrong information. I sent it off and I got offers here and there. I am studying BTECH and I applied to study Veterinary Medicine alongside other courses.

My Personal Statement is not focused entirely on vet med as I was applying for other non related medicine courses too so I wanted it to be broad.
Last year I studied Animal Management subsidary 60 credits, so I was only awarded with one grade, (D*) and this year I am on the extended doing the 120credits. I was unaware that i will only achieve two grades at the end of this year, e.g. DM,DP,PP,MM. Unaware of this, I recieved offers for courses that required DDD,DMM. As I wont be able to achieve this as i am not studying the full thing. My course tutor informed me to restart my application and start again, however.. how do i do that? I can see online that you only apply once, but i need to change my application completely to resend it for this academic year.

How do I do this?

Any help would be grateful, thank you
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mozeph332)
So in September I wrote my Personal Statement and completed my Ucas application, unaware that I had the wrong information. I sent it off and I got offers here and there. I am studying BTECH and I applied to study Veterinary Medicine alongside other courses.

My Personal Statement is not focused entirely on vet med as I was applying for other non related medicine courses too so I wanted it to be broad.
Last year I studied Animal Management subsidary 60 credits, so I was only awarded with one grade, (D*) and this year I am on the extended doing the 120credits. I was unaware that i will only achieve two grades at the end of this year, e.g. DM,DP,PP,MM. Unaware of this, I recieved offers for courses that required DDD,DMM. As I wont be able to achieve this as i am not studying the full thing. My course tutor informed me to restart my application and start again, however.. how do i do that? I can see online that you only apply once, but i need to change my application completely to resend it for this academic year.

How do I do this?

Any help would be grateful, thank you
I am afraid you can't do a completely new application for this year, the only thing you can do is go through ucas extra and ask if they'll accept a new personal statement.
Mozeph332
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
I am afraid you can't do a completely new application for this year, the only thing you can do is go through ucas extra and ask if they'll accept a new personal statement.
I keep getting told different things, someone else informed me that I could reapply if I withdraw my application. How can I go through Extra if my course deadline ends in January and extra begins in February?
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I keep getting told different things, someone else informed me that I could reapply if I withdraw my application. How can I go through Extra if my course deadline ends in January and extra begins in February?
You can only go through Extra if you have no offers. The application service is still open for most of 2019
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Mozeph332
Rep:
?
So far I’ve received one offer, however I haven’t accepted it nor rejected it. And so would I be able to go through track and change my course and university choices?

(Original post by Sinnoh)
You can only go through Extra if you have no offers. The application service is still open for most of 2019
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So far I’ve received one offer, however I haven’t accepted it nor rejected it. And so would I be able to go through track and change my course and university choices?
since its been more than 14 days you cant change courses that way.
Mozeph332
Rep:
?
I think my best option is to ring Ucas tomorrow, as they may either withdraw my application and possibly help me or advice me to go through clearing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (907)
79.98%
Leave (227)
20.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed