Olivia11!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi,

My name’s Olivia, I’ve created this forum as I couldn’t find one for Brunel 2019 psychology applicants.

Applied 28th October to all but Brunel!!
I’m a mature student - 22
Currently doing an access to HE course at Bournemouth and Poole college!
Applied for following university’s: Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Bath, Southampton and Brunel.
Offers from: Portsmouth (122 tariff points from access to HE course) and Bournemouth (106 tariff points from access to HE course).
Rejected from Southampton
I am still waiting for Bath and Brunel to respond.
I really wanted to go to Southampton but when they rejected me I had a spare slot (only applied to 4 in the first place!) so did a lot of research and applied to Brunel in the hopes of going there. Anxious to see who else has applied to Brunel for psychology, how long their response time was and what type of offers you got? I know I probably won’t hear now till the end of January due to Christmas, new year and then the 15 jan deadline hitting!!
Student.20
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Nvm
Last edited by Student.20; 9 months ago
Kirsty1.2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi! I applied for Brunel in November and I heard back within 2 weeks! I applied for Psychology (sport and exercise) and I’m hoping to get into contact with people who applied for the same course!
I’d love to hear back from you,
Kirsty x
Olivia11!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Kirsty1.2)
Hi! I applied for Brunel in November and I heard back within 2 weeks! I applied for Psychology (sport and exercise) and I’m hoping to get into contact with people who applied for the same course!
I’d love to hear back from you,
Kirsty x
I applied for psychology BSc 10th Dec but still haven’t heard anything!
Kirsty1.2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’m sure you’ll hear back soon!! Xx
dartagnankillian
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
is there no official thread for this? I can't find one 😒
dartagnankillian
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Olivia11!)
I also couldn’t find one, so I created this one! Are you going in sept or planning to go? If so, what subject you going to be studying?
I have unconditional offers from rhul, Brunel and Queen Mary, but I've crossed Queen Mary off the list. It's for computer science and I'm leaning towards Brunel! I'm going to visit the campuses next month and so then I'll make my decision ☺️ I'll be going in September, I'm actually switching uni as I'm at a uni in Glasgow right now but it just isn't for me 😊 hby? X
Olivia11!
Rep:
?
(Original post by dartagnankillian)
I have unconditional offers from rhul, Brunel and Queen Mary, but I've crossed Queen Mary off the list. It's for computer science and I'm leaning towards Brunel! I'm going to visit the campuses next month and so then I'll make my decision ☺️ I'll be going in September, I'm actually switching uni as I'm at a uni in Glasgow right now but it just isn't for me 😊 hby? X
I had conditional offers from Brunel, Portsmouth and Bournemouth, the other two I applied for rejected me! I didn’t like Portsmouth and Bournemouth when I visited so I declined them and just put Brunel as my top choice. I applied to study Psychology (with professional placement) to start this year. I’m going to the applicant open day for Brunel on the 16th Feb so confirm my decision x
dartagnankillian
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Olivia11!)
I had conditional offers from Brunel, Portsmouth and Bournemouth, the other two I applied for rejected me! I didn’t like Portsmouth and Bournemouth when I visited so I declined them and just put Brunel as my top choice. I applied to study Psychology (with professional placement) to start this year. I’m going to the applicant open day for Brunel on the 16th Feb so confirm my decision x
I also put professional placement, the fact that Brunel is known to do those well is a big bonus for me as it's such a brilliant thing for my CV. I've applied for that applicant day too! If I have the money I'll definitely be going ☺️ where abouts are you from? I'm from Cornwall! also I'm so glad that I already have my a-levels, I couldn't go through that stress again 😩 how're you feeling about them? X
Olivia11!
Rep:
?
(Original post by dartagnankillian)
I also put professional placement, the fact that Brunel is known to do those well is a big bonus for me as it's such a brilliant thing for my CV. I've applied for that applicant day too! If I have the money I'll definitely be going ☺️ where abouts are you from? I'm from Cornwall! also I'm so glad that I already have my a-levels, I couldn't go through that stress again 😩 how're you feeling about them? X
Yes I heard they are well known for their professional placements. I didn’t want to do a course without a placement in it, which swayed my decision! Cornwall is a long way from London, I’m from Bournemouth. I’m actually doing an access course (Humanities) and I’m classed as a ‘mature student’ even tho I’m only 22 😂. It is stressful but I know my grades as I go along so i know to up my game if I don’t do so well. My conditional offer it merits in all units, so hopefully I’ll get that! x
Sophiekinnard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I applied and heard back within a week! I’m officially going to Brunel in September this year to do psychology bsc! I’d love to chat with other people who have applied for the course 😊x
a_z7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Sophiekinnard)
I applied and heard back within a week! I’m officially going to Brunel in September this year to do psychology bsc! I’d love to chat with other people who have applied for the course 😊x
Hey! I'm also planning to go to Brunel (as long as I get the grades) 🙈 and do Psychology 😊
andrea_p
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi,
I picked Brunel as my firm choice and i applied to do psychology BSc so i would hopefully start this course in September. I would also love to chat to other people doing this course. ☺️
Last edited by andrea_p; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.06%
No I haven't decided yet (50)
22.12%
Yes but I might change my mind (38)
16.81%

Watched Threads