The Student Room Group

sparks in relationships

Do people who date easily and find themselves girl/boyfriends one after another feel sparks everytime? Do they feel these so called 'jittery' feelings and so called 'butterflies' everytime? Must you feel such things to be in a relationship or for it to develop into a relationship? because surely you're not actually going to if you date someone straight after you break up with them and the cycle repeats etc. right?

I've been on two dates with this lad (my first ever dates and never had a relationship before) and idk if I like him romantically because i'm not feeling these so called sparks or 'butterflies.' I feel a bit bad because I know he's interested in me (pls forgive me but i'm not being self centered but it is what I can tell and he has been hinting at me that he is interested by saying things like see you next time or I had a good time today) Personality wise I think we're similar but it's too early to actually tell.

Can someone share their first ever date experiences and whether they had felt sparks or.not and if they had a relationship with someone who they didn't have sparks with and how that turned out
I haven't been with anyone so I don't know what these sparks or butterflies are really but I have only found 3 people in my life that I had feelings for, I guess 2 of them are out of the picture but there is still one I like. Just go do a few things with him that you both like a lot. Try to show the real you to him and try to get him to show 100% himself around you.

I am probably the worst person for help on this but why not.
Never felt it. It's just emotions deceiving you like that, "butterflies" don't happen although I'm not really a reliable source. Just using logic to answer you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending