The Student Room Group

Interior design

Is anyone applying to study interior design at University? I would like to know which uni ur apply for and if u have prepared a portfolio for the interview.
Original post by Ifatha Abdul
Is anyone applying to study interior design at University? I would like to know which uni ur apply for and if u have prepared a portfolio for the interview.

Hi Ifatha Abdul,

Hope you are well and having a good day. Are you interested in Interior Design? You should check out Ravensbourne, we are nex to the O2 in North Greenwich and have a uniquely designed building to increase collaboration. Our BA (Hons) Interior Design Environment Architectures course is a fusion of architecture and interior design. It deals specifically with public and private commercial spaces within an urban environment. You will explore the impact of materials, technology, structures and form. You will be able to study the design and rehabilitation of buildings, the technical aspects of construction, and how architecture relates to the notions of live, work and relax. Thoughout the course you will develop your skills through a mixture of problem-based learning, design studio tutoring, workshops and traditional teaching. To prepare you for the industry, you will be working on live competition briefs thoughout your three years with an emphasis on cross-disciplinary practices. The teaching staff and visiting professionals are all from industry to give you a professional perspective on course.

I would recommend coming to an open days to get a real sense of the atmosphere as well as a chance to speak to the course tutors and students. You will be able to ask them questions, get a better understanding, and look around at their facilities as well as student work . Also have a look at portfolio requirements for this course as well and if your struggling with creating a portfolio we also offer portfolio workshops. If you come to our open day there will be a talk on portfolios on the day as well.

I hope this helps and if you have more questions please feel free to ask,

Row:h:

Quick Reply

Latest