The Student Room Group

I’m 22, He’s 32

So I’ve been seeing this guy whose 32 years old (10 years age gap between us) and he’s been really lovely and everything.

However, his female friend (whose 26 years old) has tried to ruin things between me and him by fabricating stories about me that’s not true. I used to be cool with the girl until I realised that she never had my best interest at heart so I cut ties with her.

It seems to me that this guy is a follower and always does and go places according to what his female friend wants. Funnily enough, this girl has a WHOLE BOYFRIEND!

One time, I called the guy and she picked up saying “He’s busy” so I hung up straight away. It’s weird because that’s not even her boyfriend.

So I’ve been contemplating on what to do next. Whether I should continue seeing him or just drop everything with him. He’s 10 years older than me so even if we did continue and decided to start a family in a few years, he’ll be getting older and older so he may not be able to do the things that he once used to do when he was younger.

I just need advice about this situation as I don’t really have many people to talk to.
You are 22 and he is 32? That means when he was 22 you was 12. 😐
Original post by UniGrad23

So what, that’s not the age of both partners now is it nimrod.
Not as good as my thread.
Reply 4
Original post by UniGrad23

Your comment is completely irrelevant at this time because both people are consenting adults and well into their adulthood. If you don’t have anything good to comment, don’t bother responding.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve been seeing this guy whose 32 years old (10 years age gap between us) and he’s been really lovely and everything.

However, his female friend (whose 26 years old) has tried to ruin things between me and him by fabricating stories about me that’s not true. I used to be cool with the girl until I realised that she never had my best interest at heart so I cut ties with her.

It seems to me that this guy is a follower and always does and go places according to what his female friend wants. Funnily enough, this girl has a WHOLE BOYFRIEND!

One time, I called the guy and she picked up saying “He’s busy” so I hung up straight away. It’s weird because that’s not even her boyfriend.

So I’ve been contemplating on what to do next. Whether I should continue seeing him or just drop everything with him. He’s 10 years older than me so even if we did continue and decided to start a family in a few years, he’ll be getting older and older so he may not be able to do the things that he once used to do when he was younger.

I just need advice about this situation as I don’t really have many people to talk to.

Perhaps you need to move on......... plenty more fish in the sea ANON.........
Original post by Anonymous
Your comment is completely irrelevant at this time because both people are consenting adults and well into their adulthood. If you don’t have anything good to comment, don’t bother responding.

Im just bored. 😑
I say drop it. The age isn’t really the issue here. If a 32 year old man can’t make decisions for himself nor see when his ‘partner’ is uncomfortable he clearly still has a lot of growing to do. Definitely discuss with him, but get out if it’s a toxic situation for you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ArcticArcher
I say drop it. The age isn’t really the issue here. If a 32 year old man can’t make decisions for himself nor see when his ‘partner’ is uncomfortable he clearly still has a lot of growing to do. Definitely discuss with him, but get out if it’s a toxic situation for you.

Sound advice. I agree. Run. This guy is clearly immature despite his age. You sound so much more matured which is why, age is immaterial here. You know your worth. You can do a whole lot better. All the best!
Move on before your trapped because of love and time. he keeps letting her treat you like that. His wrong that relationship sounds exhausting. Find a man that puts you 1st. Let it go now block and delete
Original post by serendeepity
Sound advice. I agree. Run. This guy is clearly immature despite his age. You sound so much more matured which is why, age is immaterial here. You know your worth. You can do a whole lot better. All the best!

Yeah I totally agree Seren.............
He sounds like a little boy who can't stand up for himself, despite his age. If he's not mature or bold enough to tell this girl to back off and leave the both of you alone then I'd seriously re-consider where your relationship is going.

Quick Reply

Latest