Tu quoque
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a fairly good idea on how to revise for other subjects, but how would you even start revising for history?

I guess I am kind of intimidated by the fact that there is just so much to revise, so I don't know how to start revising for it.

Every little tip would help.
Thanks!
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! When I was doing my GCSEs I found it helpful to put post-it notes of all relevant dates and key events all around my house - in the bathroom, on the fridge, on the mirrors etc haha. My bedroom was littered with them and I was shocked by how much it went in! You could also make timelines, mind maps, flow charts, which helps to break it down rather than just writing down huge walls of text which you won't remember. I also found flashcards and Quizlet really helpful.

Good luck!
Tu quoque
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you so much, I think the reason why i was getting low grades in history was because i wrote huge walls of text like you said...
When creating a mind map/timeline, how much detail did you put into it?
Was it just key dates and few key words or detailed sentences?
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tu quoque)
Thank you so much, I think the reason why i was getting low grades in history was because i wrote huge walls of text like you said...
When creating a mind map/timeline, how much detail did you put into it?
Was it just key dates and few key words or detailed sentences?
I'd write about a sentence on the timeline, and then go into more detail in any notes I'd make. I put my mindmaps up on my walls as well so I made sure they weren't too detailed, as I liked to read them when I was just passing by, and if there are paragraphs and paragraphs of text I wouldn't read it or it wouldn't go in.

But it's whatever works for you, really! More detailed mindmaps and timelines might be helpful for you. If you decide to do more simple ones, make sure you have detailed notes as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (203)
43.75%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.54%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (99)
21.34%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.34%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.82%

Watched Threads