Turn on thread page Beta

Should I be concerned? watch

Announcements

My boyfriend is the sweetest and funniest guy and I love him to bits. We are both 19.

Of course men are never perfect and my man is no exception. I have noticed that when we cuddle he tends to get a bit rough and has (unintentionally) bruised my rib slightly and left bruises elsewhere like when he squeezes my hands too tight. He’s very strong and I’m a tiny and less strong girl. We’re about the same height (5’4-5’6) but he is incredibly strong and is an ex marine cadet so that would be where he gets it from. It’s just play fighting that goes too far but it does hurt.

What I’m a little concerned about is that he was messing around trying to tickle me which he knows hurts and then got up to play on the PS4 and in a jokey way said he likes torturing. This is worrying me slightly but I don’t know if I’m overreacting or not.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    why not use it as an inspiration to get strong yourself? your partner would be happy to help plus if you know he's joking then have nothing to fear about being physically threatened
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey.

He's probably joking, especially about torturing. That's the kind of wisecrack I would come off with - it might be his way of playing off the fact he feels bad about hurting you by accident. Let him know he's too rough sometimes, remind him that you're only small and you're being covered in bruises.

I'm the same where I'm just a big elephant when it comes to my partner. I'll accidentally collide with her, sometimes be too rough when I don't mean to. I'm just extremely clumsy and sometimes don't realise how forcefully I'm doing things. She reminds me a lot and it makes me remember to be as gentle as possible.

I'm sure he won't be offended
    Josh

(Original post by hallamstudents)
    Hey.

He's probably joking, especially about torturing. That's the kind of wisecrack I would come off with - it might be his way of playing off the fact he feels bad about hurting you by accident. Let him know he's too rough sometimes, remind him that you're only small and you're being covered in bruises.

I'm the same where I'm just a big elephant when it comes to my partner. I'll accidentally collide with her, sometimes be too rough when I don't mean to. I'm just extremely clumsy and sometimes don't realise how forcefully I'm doing things. She reminds me a lot and it makes me remember to be as gentle as possible.

I'm sure he won't be offended
    Josh
    Thanks, yeah I had a feeling it was no big deal, I’ll talk to him about it later
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be worried.

If he's hurting you and you don't like it tell him. He probably doesn't realise the rough housing is actually hurting you.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.