Grades 7/8/9 GCSE’S Revision Help!

Watch
username4398146
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone that got these grades in any subjects please comment how you studied and revised for it!
So we can all help each other out!

hstudies
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by étudiant fatigué)
Anyone that got these grades in any subjects please comment how you studied and revised for it!
So we can all help each other out!
I got a grade 7 in English Lit & Lang - Literature I studied quotes like I have never before. It was the most tedious task, but it was worth it. I only read the texts twice in class, and nothing else. Didn't really use Mr Bruff, and I don't think you have to unless you want the 8s and 9s? Learn to link quotes to themes such as love, horror, lust etc. Trust me, examiners will love your quotes, especially if you can link to themes (which they also love!)
I got a grade 7 in Maths, and I did this by buying a book of GCSE grades 7,8&9 questions and completing as much as I can, then highlighting anything I need to go over in the last 2 months or so. I also used my maths teacher like a free tutor essentially, giving up a lunchtime a week to just go through some 6 markers, and other larger markers. I hugely recommend this for you - they are there to help!
I got two grade 7s in combined science, by also buying a GCSE grades 7,8&9 question book, and I went over topics specifically in physics and chemistry which I struggled the most, and then I bought the answer booklet too and self marking my answers. This also really helped me to see where I need to focus even if science was my least favourite subject of all.
I got a grade A* in ICT, and to be honest it was because I liked the subject and thought it was *easy*. I hate that word, but I have an interest in ICT anyway so this sort of pushed me through the lessons. Plus, our class got through the content in year 10, so year 11 was essentially a year of revision. Furthermore, if you have any coursework then try your hardest on it. I got full marks on my coursework because I stayed back after school to fully complete it. This gave me the opportunity to have more lee-way in my exam, and gave me space to make mistakes if I struggled on a particular question.
I got a grade 8 in Geography, I love the subject. This helps. If you love a subject then you will be more obliged to revise for it. If you hate it, then you won't as much. So because Geography is more of a passion, I found it the easiest subject to revise. Although I disliked coasts and rivers, I conquered this revision first, and left my case studies to revise last because they are worth a large bulk of the marks. In GCSE, case studies need to be revised so well, in A Level it turns into more linking and analysing, so if case studies aren't your thing at GCSe, it is better at A Level! I used flashcards for Geography too, and revised them whilst walking to school and just before my exams.
I got a grade 8 in Citizenship, and I think this was because the AQA syllabus was simple. I also have a passion for Government and Politics, so learning this was great, because I enjoyed learning about it. To get a grade 9, I should have focused on my active citizenship project more as I neglected this large question at the back of the paper. But I think the one markers multiple choice questions went well. Master one markers, and learn Government and Politics well and BAM - the majority of your marks done!!
I got a 6 in History. Kinda annoyed about this one because History was up there with my favourite subjects at GCSE... I revised this subject probably more than Geography, because there was so much content. I guess this was the problem. The content. My tip: learn the content, and dates! I think I pride myself on essay writing, but it is hard to put History into context in an essay.
Those were all my grades and tips for you, any questions about absolutely anything, just message me Good luck with studying!!
username4398146
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thankyou so so so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.21%
No I am happy with my choice (116)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed