Leanne2230
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do any current students know whether you are allowed to use the Apple Watch as a fob when nursing? I know you have to be bare below the elbows but there are attachments to turn the watch into a fob with the clock face on.
Thank you!
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tbh, I wouldn’t want to use something as expensive as that as a fob watch.
Andremasil
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Leanne2230)
Do any current students know whether you are allowed to use the Apple Watch as a fob when nursing? I know you have to be bare below the elbows but there are attachments to turn the watch into a fob with the clock face on.
Thank you!
I don't know much about apple watch, but I think it works as a mini "phone". My friend has one and she receives emails and messages on it. When you using it as a fob, what happens if you get a message or email, won't it interfere with what you doing? Just a thought...
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
wow not even in nursing and that sounds cool af
moonkatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Andremasil)
I don't know much about apple watch, but I think it works as a mini "phone". My friend has one and she receives emails and messages on it. When you using it as a fob, what happens if you get a message or email, won't it interfere with what you doing? Just a thought...
Phones and stuff like that don’t cause problems with equipment, but emails, texts etc could be a distraction.
EmEmTheFairy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You won't be allowed that, due to the bare below elbow rule but also the distractions associated with an Apple Watch, e.g. viewing/receiving text messages. Additionally, if you were doing mental health nursing for example and in a secure unit, this would not be allowed to even be worn as a visitor, never mind as a member of staff. Stick to the gig, use the normal watches they pin to their overalls. Imagine being a patient, and seeing your nurse's 'watch' light up, buzz, the nurse being distracted and checking it, or the nurse going to the check the time to write when they administered your med's but for them to seemingly take a while to do so as they just had to open that text message notification.

Normal watch please, avoid trouble and avoid slipping into poor-practice territory before you have even qualified
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (628)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (786)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (370)
19.81%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.5%

Watched Threads