My dad didn’t get me anything

Watch this thread
SWG14
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My Birthday was over a month again and I was promised a cake and a present but I didn’t get any of it 😡 additionally my dad spent nearly £60 on my sister cake and is paying for her drivers licence but he didnt get anything for me.I remind him every week but he makes up excuses such as he’s tired or he doesn’t want to spend £60 on cake. This makes me feel left out because my sister had a £60 cake but I didn’t get ANY cake or presents from my dad let alone no card too.I feel really sad too because it’s as if he doesn’t love me as much as he loves my sister. My mum gave me a present though so that’s fine . I just want to know why do adults expect to get away with broken promises.
Last edited by SWG14; 3 years ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SWG14)
My Birthday was over a month again and I was promised a cake and a present but I didn’t get any of it 😡 additionally my dad spent nearly £60 on my sister cake and is paying for her drivers licence but he didnt get anything for me.I remind him every week but he makes up excuses such as he’s tired or he doesn’t want to spend £60 on cake. This makes me feel left out because my sister had a £60 cake but I didn’t get ANY cake or presents from my dad let alone no card too.I feel really sad too because it’s as if he doesn’t love me as much as he loves my sister. My mum gave me a present though so that’s fine . I just want to know why do adults expect to get away with broken promises.

If I were in the situation I would stop fretting about a £60 cake. Its just a cake.

I think you are behaving very much like a child and should just get on with things. perhaps he is sorting things out for Christmas? Id he isnt going to give you anything so be it. Adults arent perfect and its ip to you to be your own person and rely on yourself. get a job and buy your own £300 cake to show him .

Focus on your exams as they are far more important.
Last edited by 999tigger; 3 years ago
frostfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
You sound very immature for a 16 year old if I'm honest... stop thinking your dad doesn't love you as much as your sister just because he didn't give you a birthday present - he loves you two equally.

"My mum gave me a present though so that’s fine"
Parents aren't obliged to give their children presents, so you should appreciate whatever they give you. Don't take things for granted.
Keith Weed 2
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I think you dad is trying to hide something,
I don't reckon this isn't out of not loving you, I just reckon there was a lot of investment somewhere else.
Has he been speaking in italian recently?

Thanks,
Keith Weed 2
suckmydiccccccc
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Last edited by suckmydiccccccc; 4 weeks ago
suckmydiccccccc
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by frostfly)
You sound very immature for a 16 year old if I'm honest... stop thinking your dad doesn't love you as much as your sister just because he didn't give you a birthday present - he loves you two equally.

"My mum gave me a present though so that’s fine"
Parents aren't obliged to give their children presents, so you should appreciate whatever they give you. Don't take things for granted.
(Original post by 999tigger)
If I were in the situation I would stop fretting about a £60 cake. Its just a cake.

I think you are behaving very much like a child and should just get on with things. perhaps he is sorting things out for Christmas? Id he isnt going to give you anything so be it. Adults arent perfect and its ip to you to be your own person and rely on yourself. get a job and buy your own £300 cake to show him .

Focus on your exams as they are far more important.
Why are you being so rude, this person here is struggling with their insecurities and they didn't post this just for you to critique them. Family can mean a lot to other people. Plus, it's not about the cake, it's about a broken promise.
Feastful
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Some parents do quite simply suffer from favouritism when it comes to their kids. But having said that, don't let it invalidate you!

If it were me, I would just make a point of not celebrating his big times when they come around. Not to spite him, but simply because if someone won't make any effort for you, you won't make any effort in return for them.

You've got a whole life ahead of you, focus on the ones who matter and focus on your focus. Don't let the past trip you up. If you need to have a conversation with your dad, then ask him what the deal is, but otherwise just focus on no.1 (you) and move on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads