The Student Room Group

Advice PLEASE

Hi all

I’m think about doing a degree in either maths engineering or economics. and I love the idea of studying abroad. I just can’t find info on it

I’m think America because of the language but all I really know is that you do a minor and major. Please tell me the good the bad and the ugly of studying abroad and in America

Thanks
Not having friends?
Reply 2
Original post by nabilahhh
Not having friends?

I guess but that’s the same with any university. You have to move to that town and make new friends
Reply 3
I was looking for more fact tips. Like how to get in and apply
Original post by jpeg.idek

Where would you like to go? What university in America?
Reply 5
Original post by nabilahhh
Where would you like to go? What university in America?

Harvard MIT Stanford cal tech. Basically the best ones
Harvard MIT Stanford cal tech. Basically the best ones

Oh okay, try and go on their website and check.
Good luck!
Studying abroad is ok, you will be far from home and in a new culture.. You may be starting from almost square one, making friends and getting used to new surroundings.
Educational system is a bit different because along with your major classes such as your Economics classes, you may do electives which are classes that almost everyone will do. So you may take a course in Oral Communication or a History class or a Government class. But it may be different for Ivy League schools.

One way to get more information will be to look on their websites and, if it's offered, apply for a prospectus or booklet that gives you more info..
Do you have friends or people you know that went there? You could ask them to have a coffee and ask them to tell you their experience and advice they may have..

Hi all

I’m think about doing a degree in either maths engineering or economics. and I love the idea of studying abroad. I just can’t find info on it

I’m think America because of the language but all I really know is that you do a minor and major. Please tell me the good the bad and the ugly of studying abroad and in America

Thanks

You could try this link..
Or on other school websites try and find a similar page..

http://www.harvard-ukadmissions.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending