DaQuestioner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone!

Since we are the first year doing GCSE Business Studies by Edexcel, I made this thread so we can all help each other out.

Feel free to share any tips or tricks for revision, etc. and good luck to you all
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
thestudent33
Anthos
pereira2002
username3973192
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aaah finally a gcse business thread!
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in yr 11 and just started self studying GCSE business, just started this september! I've got through the whole of theme 1 and I've just got theme 2 left.
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
(Original post by thestudent33)
I'm in yr 11 and just started self studying GCSE business, just started this september! I've got through the whole of theme 1 and I've just got theme 2 left.
Same! What are the grade boundaries like in your school, (for the exams you're doing at the moment)? Ours are pretty high: 90% for a 9, 80% for an 8, etc.
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DaQuestioner)
Same! What are the grade boundaries like in your school, (for the exams you're doing at the moment)? Ours are pretty high: 90% for a 9, 80% for an 8, etc.
I'm self-studying business so idk
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Those boundaries sound high tho
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
I'm self-studying business so idk
Oh, sorry I didn't see that bit
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
Those boundaries sound high tho
I know; I'm not doing as well as I want to at the moment and I just hope they're not this high for the real exams
username4244892
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys. Wanted to let y'all know that chances are grade boundaries will be lower for us because we are the first year of it.
Ultrasonix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey y'all. I was @pereira2002 but I needed to change my username sooo.....
Also if you guys need any information about anything, my form tutor is the head of business in my school so I have a direct pipeline to figure out stuff. Like I have a document with the way to answer exam questions for case studies and extended questions which he got from the edexcel representative. I also have a brainscape class for this which I've been making (I find it more useful due to the smart algorithm) If you want me to send either just let me know. Good luck with any mocks you have left guys.
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ultrasonix)
Also if you guys need any information about anything, my form tutor is the head of business in my school so I have a direct pipeline to figure out stuff. Like I have a document with the way to answer exam questions for case studies and extended questions which he got from the edexcel representative. I also have a brainscape class for this which I've been making (I find it more useful due to the smart algorithm) If you want me to send either just let me know. Good luck with any mocks you have left guys.
Edexcel representative? What do you mean? Anyways, sounds like you've got good resources for Business. Another site you could use is BusinessEd.
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
Hi, you also said in the other thread that you have made flashcards on Brainscape for Edexcel Sciences... any chance you could please share the ones you have for Biology?
Ultrasonix
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anthos)
Edexcel representative? What do you mean? Anyways, sounds like you've got good resources for Business. Another site you could use is BusinessEd.
The edexcel rep is the one who teachers contact from edexcel for each subject. They're kinda in chareg of how everythign works
Ultrasonix
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DaQuestioner)
Hi, you also said in the other thread that you have made flashcards on Brainscape for Edexcel Sciences... any chance you could please share the ones you have for Biology?
Biology:
https://www.brainscape.com/p/25EM3-LH-6X8VQ
Chemistry:
https://www.brainscape.com/p/25EM3-LH-6X3I9
Physics:
https://www.brainscape.com/p/25EM3-LH-6X8VP

These are triple and higher for edexcel. Feel free to share them around etc. Im nearly done for biology and physics but my school is quite behind on chemistry so it'll take time for that
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by username4244892)
Hey guys. Wanted to let y'all know that chances are grade boundaries will be lower for us because we are the first year of it.
Yep thats true, I did the first combined science exams (early gcse) last year and the grade boundaries were lowww bcos it was the first year
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yep thats true, I did the first combined science exams (early gcse) last year and the grade boundaries were lowww bcos it was the first year
One of the advantages of being the first year doing exams. (Though there are more disadvantages like no past papers aside from the specimen/sample ones)
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
Biology:
https://www.brainscape.com/p/25EM3-LH-6X8VQ
Chemistry:
https://www.brainscape.com/p/25EM3-LH-6X3I9
Physics:
https://www.brainscape.com/p/25EM3-LH-6X8VP

These are triple and higher for edexcel. Feel free to share them around etc. Im nearly done for biology and physics but my school is quite behind on chemistry so it'll take time for that
Thank you very much!
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anthos)
One of the advantages of being the first year doing exams. (Though there are more disadvantages like no past papers aside from the specimen/sample ones)
True, do you guys have pdf's of the specimen papers by any chance?
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
True, do you guys have pdf's of the specimen papers by any chance?
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...20SAMs_WEB.pdf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads