The Student Room Group

How to revise for science?

I genuinely don’t know how to revise for science, and I need to take biology and chemistry at A Level. I’ve always struggled with science but I don’t know how to improve. Let’s just say my mock results were not so good...

I’m in top set and I’m expected to take triple higher next year, but the head of department said my results were “surprising”, and she suggested taking different tiers for sciences that I may not do as well in. Could I get some revision advice from people who did well in their mocks or GCSE’s please help me out? :/
flashcards for diagrams and processes; you need to find out what revision method works for you really. you could do flashcards, bullet point notes, posters, tables...
Original post by swizzyb
I genuinely don’t know how to revise for science, and I need to take biology and chemistry at A Level. I’ve always struggled with science but I don’t know how to improve. Let’s just say my mock results were not so good...

I’m in top set and I’m expected to take triple higher next year, but the head of department said my results were “surprising”, and she suggested taking different tiers for sciences that I may not do as well in. Could I get some revision advice from people who did well in their mocks or GCSE’s please help me out? :/

Hey! I did biology at A level and did quite well in my GCSEs. I personally found revision books for the specific subjects really helpful as they test you after each chapter! Maybe ask your tutor which ones would be best? Also past exam tests aare always great as they show you similar questions to the real exam and you can learn what sort of answers they are looking for.
Hopefully this helps! if you have any more questions let me know:smile:
Good luck!
Sophia

Quick Reply

Latest