The Student Room Group

Would you ever cheat?

Every man I hear about is a cheat. In a world where beauty is more important than you personality and the size of boobs and butt are more important than your IQ. I honestly don't see why any guy would stay loyal and it is not like I am special I am just an average girl. Nowadays I just need a loyal guy everything else is just an extra.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by victoriu
Every man I hear about is a cheat. In a world where beauty is more important than you personality and the size of boobs and butt are more important than your IQ. I honestly don't see why any guy would stay loyal and it is not like I am special I am just an average girl. Nowadays I just need a loyal guy everything else is just an extra.

Not every guy cheats, I think if you are thinking of cheating then you should not be in a relationship.

It is not just men who cheat. Women cheat too. I know it probably sounds unrealistic to believe but not every man only cares about looks. You just have to keep weeding your way through all the shallow men to find the ones who aren't like that.
Im kinda extreme about this relationship stuff so i mark my words id kill myself before cheating. It's just how i value relationships and things, like i dont want to be with someone unless im willing to die for them
Original post by ihatespongebob
It is not just men who cheat. Women cheat too. I know it probably sounds unrealistic to believe but not every man only cares about looks. You just have to keep weeding your way through all the shallow men to find the ones who aren't like that.

Wanting a fit girlfriend is not shallow. It's evolution.
Original post by That'sGreat

It is shallow if that's all you care about in a relationship and relationships based on looks rarely last.
in life you'll meet principled people and not principled people. people who cheat are often not principled because they follow their urges.

you must also remember that we all have our own set criteria, you gotta define that criteria, and then ensure the criteria's of you and your partners' match before the relationship starts. if you don't then, as soon as your partner meets someone who matches their criteria more then they'll just be inclined to leave or cheat.
I hate people who cheat. There's never an excuse for it.
It is shallow if that's all you care about in a relationship and relationships based on looks rarely last.

Nobody said it's only about looks.But A good chunk is. And even if that was the case, and the guy only wanted looks, fair play to him. It's his decision, it's also backed up by evolution. Biology is not shallow.
I cheated once...

Spoiler

i agree that you shouldn't not be able to marry a good looking person. BUT, beauty is one of the few things that we can't really control. so it is morally wrong to leave X for Y because Y is better looking. why settle for X then?
Nobody said it's only about looks.But A good chunk is. And even if that was the case, and the guy only wanted looks, fair play to him. It's his decision, it's also backed up by evolution. Biology is not shallow.

Evolution is not an excuse to be a shallow person who judges people solely based on their looks.
Reply 12
has nothing to do with looks tho. guys will cheat on their pretty girlfriends, so if you think 'being pretty' makes a difference it totally does not. people who cheat do it because they can and because they see it as optional for them. but not everyone thinks that way, so just keep hanging in there my dear.
Original post by lowwkey
i agree that you shouldn't not be able to marry a good looking person. BUT, beauty is one of the few things that we can't really control. so it is morally wrong to leave X for Y because Y is better looking. why settle for X then?

Because some men want to have their cake and eat it. They want to have X for the girlfriend benefits but also want to have some fun with Y on the side as well.
everyone says they wont cheat but once they are in a relationship they take their partner for granted :frown:

fyi i go fo personality and looks. because looks fades away so aint gonna be stuck with some bit*** girl for my whole life :rofl:
(edited 5 years ago)

Then what if he becomes ill or disabled. Its evolution that his gf won't want him anymore and will want to replace him with a healthy man who can provide better. Its just biology. Except Im aware of many women who stick by their husbands for life despite their ill health, I wonder why this is.
Because some men want to have their cake and eat it. They want to have X for the girlfriend benefits but also want to have some fun with Y on the side as well.

people will still cheat even if both cakes are as nice as each other. its just the fact that they have the option to do it. like i said earlier, unprincipled.

when you first meet them, see whether they are unprincipled. if they are, stay away.
(edited 5 years ago)
Evolution is not an excuse to be a shallow person who judges people solely based on their looks.

Evolution dictates your biology. Your biology results in you being attracted more to a certain type of person. This has only been amplified by media indoctrination. Do you blame children born in the Nazi period for supporting Hitler? No. Why? Because you have double standards based on what gets you more virtue signalling points.
Nope, I'm a man of my word and I'm loyal to my loved ones. Cheating on someone is the ultimate act of betrayal.

Guys are judged harsly for physical traits too, such as height and **** size. Both genders shouldn't be pressured to meet societies expectations of beauty. "need a loyal guy everything else is extra", usually these are the same women who cheat on their boyfriends with tall, masculine jawline "men". I'm not saying you are one of these women, it's just women aren't saints.

Quick Reply

Latest