The Student Room Group

Does doing crunches/sit-ups reduce belly fat?

I’m a 16 year old boy, quite short for my age and I have quite some belly fat.

I don’t really fancy going to the gym since I have to pay for it and I don’t really want to be ripped, I just wanna lose some belly fat.

So I was just wondering if home exercises like pushups, sit-ups or crunches can cause any differences?

Reply 1
No, doing those types of exercise will build your abs up but in terms of losing belly fat it's best to do full body workouts but above all you need to have a good diet and drink a lot of water. Nutrition is more important than exercise, albeit it's better to exercise as well.
Eat less
Reply 3
Original post by ShibShabShob
I’m a 16 year old boy, quite short for my age and I have quite some belly fat.

I don’t really fancy going to the gym since I have to pay for it and I don’t really want to be ripped, I just wanna lose some belly fat.

So I was just wondering if home exercises like pushups, sit-ups or crunches can cause any differences?

Your diet is more important. Reducing your caloric intake and eating a better diet (more protein and vegetables, less fat and carbs) along with moderate exercisee will reduce your belly fat.
In general,combination of a healthy calorie-controlled diet and exercise, you can reduce the fat in your abdominal area, strengthen your abdominal muscles and cause your belly area to appear flatter. But you should do a cardiovascular activity (aerobic exercise) along with your sit-ups to burn fat and calories

Quick Reply

Latest