Can't find a job - start a business?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i graduated 6 months ago and have been unemployed since. am getting pretty sick and tired of it all. i have been going to jobs where it is me vs 40,50,60 perhaps hundreds others and i just not gonna beat 39 people end of. i studied a+f and studied a few business modules. i am thinking about starting a business as an alternative. i have a pretty good idea and i would like to give it a shot. but feel like if i was to propose it to family it will be met with a great deal of resistance. i cant imagine anyone saying ok yeah give it ago. be like no u cant do that for xyz. also if it fails i might be in the position further on and be well ive been unemployed for 8,9 months now. i thought about going back to uni to take a computer science conversion course and try get into coding. but sometimes throwing more money at a problem isnt the way forward
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Well someone is beating 40 people. If that's not you you need to work out why. Are your applications bad, can you interview, do you have any experience etc.

What's your business idea and how do you propose to pay for it.
sabana
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Try applying for administration roles, they ask for very little experience then use it as a stepping stone to accountancy. Also look at finance assistant/accounts assistant roles. Ask someone to review your CV and remember to taylor it to the role, if its the interview you're struggling with ask your uni careers service for advice and they can even do mock interviews with you.

Don't give up, you just need to keep persisting and you'll find something eventually.
Ambitious1999
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i graduated 6 months ago and have been unemployed since. am getting pretty sick and tired of it all. i have been going to jobs where it is me vs 40,50,60 perhaps hundreds others and i just not gonna beat 39 people end of. i studied a+f and studied a few business modules. i am thinking about starting a business as an alternative. i have a pretty good idea and i would like to give it a shot. but feel like if i was to propose it to family it will be met with a great deal of resistance. i cant imagine anyone saying ok yeah give it ago. be like no u cant do that for xyz. also if it fails i might be in the position further on and be well ive been unemployed for 8,9 months now. i thought about going back to uni to take a computer science conversion course and try get into coding. but sometimes throwing more money at a problem isnt the way forward
Write a book! It could be a text book based off your studies or a fictional novel. The great thing now is you can self publish and get it put onto Kindle. Far cheaper than having to find a real publisher getting it printed etc.

If it sells well on kindle the you go and get it published in a hard copy. After your Kindle sales it will be a lot easier to convince a publisher to take you on!
Analyst89
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
You could offer your services via ebay.

Also promote your services on yell, community centres, by emailing companies, going to business meet up's, events etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (39)
32.77%
The paper was reasonable (48)
40.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (20)
16.81%
It was TERRIBLE (12)
10.08%

Watched Threads