The Student Room Group

Plagarisim

Hi,

So I have a friend who I gave my assignment to, as we are both studying the same course he ended up copying an entire paragraph which was strange because we both stayed up and we did the assignments together, how it got into his work he doesnt know neither do I...he has confessed that he copied my work accidentally and surprised, to me but I dont know what to do right now whether to contact my lecturer and tell him this issue or whether to let him tell the lecturer before our work gets marked

Please help
Reply 1
Yeah, there’s nothing “accidental” about that
Tell your lecturer before you get caught
It's best to tell the lecturer now than them finding out later. Plagiarism and Collusion is a very serious academic offence and don't expect to get off lightly. At best, they'll probably just fail you and your friend for that assignment.
You’ve both screwed up so expect some consequences.
You gave him your work so you're equally liable. Can't imagine this won't be noticed. I would come clean now. Your friend knows what he's done, you can't copy a paragraph by accident.. if you wait til you get caught he may drop you in it and say you copied him or gave him permission.

Quick Reply

Latest